Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger

Cannes/Nice/Monaco Trip

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by garseea, May 18, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. garseea

garseea New Member

Just got back from my trip to Cannes for the Film Festival... WOW. that´s all I have to say '- what an extravagant part of the world. I got to see about 500 amazing yachts, too many beautiful people, and enjoyed some great parties... I´d say the highlight party was the opening party for the new National Lampoon´s Pledge This movie about sorority life - Paris Hilton held the party, which was interesting (want to see pics!?). Anyhow.. I thought i´d post a small list of some of the highlight yachts i saw.. I´ll see if i can post a few good pictures, but like everyone said, they were so stacked together that I couldnt really get any good perspective shots. I was able to walk right up to them on the docks though, which was great.

Pelourus (WOW)
    Atlantis II

These two were on the outer part of the Monaco Harbor

Backed into Monaco harbor...

The One
    Lady Beatrice (With her rouded Stern)
    Wedge TOO (Personal favorite with the Wooden Moulding around the outer windows)
    Midlandia (Beautiful blue hull, and a brand new yellow ferrari with the swivel top too...)
    Taouey (Large sailer..)
    Paragon
    Nounon IV
    Lionheart
    Baloon Hamilton (Vintage wooden sailed boat?)
    Sokar
    Iman
    Ramses
    Marcalita...

Along the left side of the harbor... (when looking out)

Golden Princess (Out of london with a strange yellow smoke stack in the middle of her..)
    AVA
    Nadir II
    Over the Rainbow (Beautiful all wooden yacht)
    Lady K
    Lady Luck
    Superfun
    Ultimate
    Moon Peace
    Thunder Gulch
    La Naturalle Dee
    More (Great Benetti)
    Moneikos
    Zenobia
    Lady Ann Magee
    Le Kir Royale

and i was lucky enough to see Lady Moura which lit up the night in the bay at Cannes during the festival. There were about 25 other megayachts in the bay at Cannes which I couldn´t get near (wish i had the time to rent a small boat and tour around)...

Anyway, there´s a taste. Pics coming soon hopefully..

Sean
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Great coverage Sean. Thanks!! Look forward to some pics. :)
  3. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Just in case anyone missed it when it was on last...

Click ......... here

this is a webcam that looks over monaco harbour! Not great resolution but still... from the midlands i can see monaco!! :cool:

The number of yachts in has certainly shot up in recent days, with the Grand prix round the corner!

I know Jensen Button has a Sunseeker, but does anyone know of any other F1 drivers with their own yachts?
  4. Remy

Remy New Member

He has changed then, as I know he had a Princess a couple of years ago (a 24m if I'm not mistaken).

David Coulthard owns an open yacht, but I must admit I don't remember from which shipyard.

Rémy
  5. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Actually, Remy, you might be right! Nigel Mansell also has a Sunseeker 94 available for charter. Aptly named Red 5