Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Perko

Camera mounted on underside of the flybridge top

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by CSkipR, Dec 26, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

I want to install a camera on the underside of the fly bridge top so I can see behind the boat when towing or see the outriggers when trolling. Any suggestions on who makes a camera that will work for this application? Would like it to pan not necessary to zoom. Will tie it into either the chart plotter or depth sounder to view the picture. Thx
  2. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Panasonic make cameras with the pan, tilt and zoom functions. I have them fitted on my boat and connected to my Raymarine chartplotters.
    Lorex cameras are also a good choice and have the same capabilities.
  3. BoulderGT3

BoulderGT3 Senior Member

I can tell you what not to buy. I redid my boat with Simrad which I love. The cameras are awful. I have two cameras. An engine room and one in the cockpit. In 12 months I've had to replace both of them. Both under warranty but it's a hassle.
  4. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Thanks Tom. I found a guy that makes custom cameras for crane companies, USCG, etc. Its completely waterproof, stainless steel and guaranteed for a couple years. Just mounted it yesterday and very happy with the quality and the picture. He told me I can even put the camera underwater. I use the camera mainly to make sure the Robalo is still behind us while towing it. Also get a good picture of the cockpit to make sure everyone is still onboard. The picture is shown on my Furuno, Raymarine plotters and the salon TV.
  5. BoulderGT3

BoulderGT3 Senior Member

By any chance to you have a pic of the camera? How much was it and who's the source? Thanks.