Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Perko Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

Britannia is getting crowd funded

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Don Novello, Nov 2, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Don Novello

Don Novello New Member

2. yachtfrenzy

yachtfrenzy New Member

Britannia - a fantastic project

Watching the promo video gave me goosebumps! Merging a noble past with today's present in a way that supports charities around the world, plus bringing a beautiful yacht back to life is truly incredible. This is a worthwhile project and I hope everyone that sees it gets involved.
  3. Don Novello

Don Novello New Member

I received this email this morning from K1 Britannia:

--
    Hi Don, a warm greeting from the K1 Britannia team. We launched K1 Britannia on Kickstarter on October 30th, check out our Kickstarter Page.

We are currently raising funds for Britannia's interior design and engineering, to recreate every item that would have been on board Britannia at the turn of the century. The rewards for pledging will include incredible replicas of the crew and officers' clothing worn on the original Britannia. There are oil paintings and design prints from world renowned marine artists, hand signed and finished litho prints of Britannia's deck plan, sail plan, and interiors. There's also a limited amount of invitations to be aboard Britannia during her first Regatta's in the UK, Mediterranean and Caribbean or an invitation to dine aboard Britannia with her officers and crew. You have a short window of opportunity to help our project and own something special that’s been crafted by the rebuild team.

K1 Britannia Kickstarter will run for 60 days and the clock is ticking. You can also now join in on the discussion by clicking any reward and adding your comments, suggestions, and questions. We'd love to hear from you! Please make a pledge, choose your reward, then spread the word by forwarding this email or link on to as many as you can.

We’ve also updated our website with lots of new editions. Check it out at K1 Britannia. Your support really does make a difference.

Sincerely,

Scott Ward

PS: Check us out on facebook for the latest updates to the project!
    K1 Britannia | Facebook
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Do you have any connection or affiliation to this project other than as an interested bystander?
  5. Don Novello

Don Novello New Member

I wouldn't consider myself a bystander, more of a fan. I went down to Venture Quay's to see Britannia while in cowes and hope to sail on her some day.