Click for Perko Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Furuno

Bridge ladder suggestions 46' post

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Matt46post, Oct 20, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Matt46post

Matt46post Senior Member

I am going to have a new ladder built , this ladder isn't working at all, the steps are moved to the side because this is a stainless steel fresh water tank and pump and valve cabinet that was built by the previous owner , I want to move the ladder to the edge of the cabinet and put some surface mount steps on the cabinet, also widen the hand rails ,....suggestions and pictures of your ladders woukd be great and really appreciated , ...does anyone have a ladder forsale ???

Attached Files:

2. Matt46post

Matt46post Senior Member

IMG_0247.JPG
    Couple more pics IMG_0247.JPG , the starboard side is half bait tank and more fresh water ,there is a cross over tube to the port tank IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0247.JPG
  3. Matt46post

Matt46post Senior Member

IMG_1128.JPG IMG_0872.JPG
  4. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

I have considered repositioning the Post ladder from the "left side mount" to the Ocean style of "center to left side mount".
    The Ocean style ladder mound may allow for mezzanine style seating under the ladder.

ocean laddar 1.jpg
  5. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

I think our opening is too narrow to move the ladder like an Ocean, unless it gets cut bigger? Curious what the measurements of the Ocean opening is. I have guests hit their head with the ladder in this current setup. Cut the current cabinet in half and have the ladder come down more vertical to do the Ocean config with the current opening? Doesn't leave much in terms of a mezzanine seat though. Its tough with the door just off center.