Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

bridge curtains

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by RT46, May 3, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

Its time to replace the bridge curtains on my 46 Post.

I have a the small tinted plexi glass wind deflector.

I am considering removing the wind deflector to modernize the bridge appearance.
    I now have three equal sized forward bridge panels with the center u zipper to snap open.

I am considering a single front panel with larger single U/V shaped opening.

does any have any recommendations or photos that they are willing to share?

thanks again.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I like ECY2CY or stratoglass depending how my flex you want in it. You might consider having zippered up to so you can have air flow on those hot rainy days
  3. OutPost

OutPost Member

I have makrolon panels they are a bit rigid but crystal clear. I have three panels in the front, the entire middle panel pulls up and snaps to one of the hardtop cross members.

When it was time to redo them my canvas shop was able to just cut the old panels out and sew new ones in for a fraction of the cost of redoing everything.

I believe they are the AR panels. My canvas guy says they are the same as the Marine 5 panels but without the 5 year warranty which in reality doesn’t cover much anyway and doesn’t cover labor.
  4. Barney Hauf

Barney Hauf Member

I have a 1989 43 so the bridge is very similar in size and configuration. I removed the wind deflector and it updated the look a bunch! I used Stratoglass and am very happy with how long it has lasted and remained very clear. I have 5 panels. The center forward one and both sides have U Zip opening and this is awesome on calm days. BTW, I removed the teak trim that held the wind deflector, extended the 2 side pieces about 3/4" by epoxying some teak on the forward ends (This closes the gap that was left by having no plexi deflector) Faired, primed and painted all teak trim pieces prior to re installation. Looks really good in my opinion. (Love the look of varnish but couldn't keep up!)