Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Abeking

Boat name on a documented vessel.

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by RD1, Mar 23, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. RD1

RD1 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if it is necessary to have a permanent name and hailing port on the stern of a documented vessel. We currently have the name on the stern in tape. This is to let people know who we are. My real question is, would this be okay for our sea trials and a short trip to the owners house. We would like to have the name permanently applied behind the house.

Thanks for any and all replies.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

If you ve just bought the boat you ll be fine especially if you haven't received the doc yet.
  3. RD1

RD1 New Member

The boat is not a new purchase. We are in the middle of a major refit. During the refit the vessel has been renamed.
    I beleive it will be okay. just looking for other thoughts prior to the coast guard inspection.
  4. Bill106

Bill106 Senior Member

Should be fine, lots of new boats are delivered to dealerships with no names or numbers and I've sea trialed new boats the same way many times. While technically a violation, the few times I've been stopped by patrols it's never posed a problem. Goes without saying being polite and courteous is always a good idea, they are boaters too and love to check out new toys! When they find out what's going on they often hang around to watch the speed testing giving high fives as we blow past!
  5. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

You do have copies of your new application and receipt for payment of the fees, don't you.
  6. RD1

RD1 New Member

Thank you Bill.