Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service

Boat friendly chef looking for work...

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by RichardAdams, Aug 22, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. RichardAdams

RichardAdams New Member

Hey, and thanks for reading this message.

I have been a chef and restaurant manager for over 15 years, mainly in the UK but also in Egypt and the Maldives. In the Maldives I was Exec Head chef and island manager of a site that also had a 86ft Yacht which I worked on.

I have had my own business as a catering consultant over the last 4 years, which has given me a massively varied knowledge of different types of catering. I am currently Chef Tournant for an award winning restaurant chain, spent last year as the Exec head chef of Aston university and was the Head chef for the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford upon Avon.

I LOVE the sea and have decided that I need to move back to it. I learnt to sail boats and sailboards when I was younger, swim regularly in the pool and also am a PADI certified Divemaster. I am doing the STCW in parts over the next month so will be ready to go by October.

Having said all of this , I am hoping that someone out there can give me an idea of how I can get myself back onto the boats!

Any words would be of help, especially if there are any further courses/ qualifications I'll be needing.

Thanks

Richard
  2. indiangirl1220

indiangirl1220 New Member

Hello Richard

I'm a newby chef looking to get into the Yachting industry to be a sous chef or help in any capacity I can. I also come with 20 yrs of medical experience. I am CPR certified, and Emergency Medical trained. Any help or suggestions you could email me would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Diane