Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums

Boat Building from China

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by hsie, Mar 30, 2005.

1. hsie

hsie New Member

Dear Sirs,

We are a China-based trading house and the agent for two establised yacht builders, one for motor yacht and one for sailing yacht. At present, our motor yacht series range from 32' to 52' and sailing yacht of 50'.

All the interior furnishing are hand-made by our crafted workers, all the main equipments are imported by us so as to make the maintanence easy for our future customers.

We hope to increase our market presence in Europe and America, and is very interested in co-operating with dealers and designer who could supply us their design package and help us market our products in their areas.

We are open for any co-operation of mutual benefit, for more information about our company, pls. contact me via email to ChinaYacht@gmail.com or calling +86 592 2263581.

Brgds/Bryan Hsie
  2. Crewagency

Crewagency Guest

Cooperation

Dear Bryan

my representative in China Mr. Liu Jungfeng will get in contact with you for
    further discussion.

Best regards
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Design ideas...

For a successful China production, I believe a classic trawler/lobster-boat like the one you can see here would be a good choice. My reason to believe this is because it is a yacht that would benefit from handcrafted interiors and brightwork, where you are competitive, also because it is a timeless design which has a world wide market and will not feel outdated in a couple of years.

In this version it has the new Volvo Penta IPS drives coupled to D6 diesels rated at 310 hp for an economic cruising speed of 20+ knots.

With generous space to install genset, air condition and watermaker she can be used for extended family cruising in most waters. The storage and utility room can be built as a third cabin as an option.

If you have access to the builders, I don´t think it will be hard to find agents who would like to sell, both in Europe, North America and elsewhere.

Forum readers are welcome to express your opinion, if you think I am right, wrong or if you have other ideas...

/Lars

Attached Files:

4. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Very nice, Lars. :) Lots of features packed into that compact design. Of course it could be made larger eh?
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks Catmando, yes she actually derives from a 50-footer with almost the same interior I made up as one in a classic line some years back. There is also a 60-footer, but I think the 43´ has the best opportunities as a startup of a new brand? She is also a perfect package for the VolvoPenta IPS.

Here are the 33+41+50 in the same line.

Attached Files:

6. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Something about a dark blue hull that makes a boat look good. :) The tests I've read on the IPS have all been very positive. I saw it at the Miami show. Really strange looking, but it works.
  7. hsie

hsie New Member

Hi,everyone,

My tellphone changed to +86 592 226 3226 now,also you could reach me by MSN: brian.hsie@gmail.com