Has anyone had a heater literally melt down? I recently had an overheat (Hatteras 50c 12v183 MTUs). I had been idling watching fireworks then it happened just minutes after getting up on plane. It heated up super quick then the coolant cap released, blowing out coolant steam. Once cooled down, I temporarily filled the system with water but heard water pouring out & discovered the plastic housing of the heater was completely melted down. What came first, chicken or the egg? Did I overheat, loose coolant then the heater went or did the heater go (dumping coolant) resulting in the overheat? These heaters have internal thermostats to control them so my only theory is that the thermostat failed and cooked the heater. I just installed the new heater & will be filling the system tonight. When I had temp water in the system, I started it and everything appeared normal & it was pumping plenty of water. I’ll finish up later & run it while closely monitoring everything. why do I get the weird issues?