Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums

Bimini bummer

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by Capt Bill11, Feb 16, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

There is culture in Alice-Town & Baily-Town?
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Can’t be worst than it is now. RWB built that pier to nowhere and destroyed the northern half of the island anyway
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

LOLOLOLOL why does it matter, there won't be any people there either!!!!!!!!!
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

It has been way over 20 years since I've last been to Bimini, Honeymoon, Cat or Gun. What used to be nice places to quickly get to, then were loosing the appeal and getting crowded with,,, lets say,, the wrong folks from FL that I did not want to be around..... Big Game burned down a couple of years after my last landing there,, when ever that was.
    I have no plans to visit again.
    From what I have been reading,, I'm not missing anything.

This is sad. Used to be fun.
  5. Steve Adams

Steve Adams New Member

I recall Ossie Brown teaching my 3 year old how to play Ring Toss at the Angler, his son, OJ is a pilot, from what I hear. Chapters in life are sometimes tabbed by a disaster that happens and the burning of the Angler is one of those "gone forever" chapters. I sat in Don Smith's barber chair for a haircut (prior Dockmaster of Big Game)...gone forever. Opal's Resaurant, C.J.'s Deli...all part of the great fun of Bimini. When Ossie's band got going on a Saturday night...and the circuit breakers didn't blow... the floor was shoulder-to-shoulder with people.
    Glad I was there to see it all...it's missing a lot these days.
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Sheet Rock
    I have not heard or thought about these in a long time. I will dream well tonight.
    Thx for reminding me.
  7. WA2DDL

WA2DDL New Member

For some reason, I've just noticed that I have two accounts here. Even though this is under WA2DDL, it's still Steve Adams. Got to get that thing ironed out.

Anyway, I can go on and on about Bimini. Really enjoyed that place since it was the first Bahamian Island I went to. I remember sitting with Harcourt Brown and he was telling me about his son Neville. He held nothing back and told me that you can't make chicken soup out of chicken s**t. He didn't like that son at all. Julian, the other son, told me he was in the Summer Olympics, in 1960 I believe. I think that was over in Rome. God, I got a lot of stories but the dance floor on a Saturday night at the Compleat Angler was just something to behold. I give quite a bit to relive one of those old days one more time.