Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning

Bikes, not boats

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by retiredguy, Dec 12, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. retiredguy

retiredguy Member

In our travels transportation, once I am at an over night slip, has been problematic. Sometimes there is Uber, or maybe I can bum a ride, etc, but nothing a person can really count on. Our solution? We rented a couple of e-bikes for a day and fell in love with them and now have two on order.

Went with a company called Rad and ordered single speed bikes (like we rented) due to the simplicity. I have NEVER had good luck maintaining a chain derailer. Ugh.... Decided against the "folding" bikes, again in the name of simplicity. We have plenty of storage space on the aft deck and at less than 50 lbs each there is no problem getting them on or off the boat.

First order of business, build a bigger battery pack for them! Will target doubling the current range of 20 miles. Hmmm, maybe peddling more will help too. lol Curious, has anyone else gone to this solution for getting around?