Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn

Biggest Baddest Boat

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by SeaMaster, Nov 29, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. SeaMaster

SeaMaster New Member

What do you think is the biggest baddest YACHT out? Post the website, or pictures!
  2. CaptPKilbride

CaptPKilbride Senior Member

My vote goes to the Feadship, "Ecstasea" the size of that centerline waterjet is astounding!
    I f I was really smart I could post a pic of it here. :p
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Pics of Ecstasea.

Attached Files:

4. ISMYachts

ISMYachts New Member

Can you find a picture of this yacht under way?
  5. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I think I remember seeing some pics a while back of Ecstasea when it was helping out Mirabella when she ran aground last fall. I don't remember which forum these pics were posted to... so give me a chance to find them.

Edit: Ok, here's the link to the pics. http://www.sleepy-fish.com/mirabellav.htm Unfortunately, there's not really any pics of her truly "underway", but at least there's some of her out and about, so to speak.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  6. Steven H

Steven H New Member

How can one run aground in modern days ?

Surely Mirabella V is equipped with all modern required navigational tools. So did a unforseen gust or current/wave-pattern pushed her aside faster then estimated ?

Just curious...
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

She was anchored when the wind picked up and the anchor didnĀ“t hold. If there is more to it, as material or crew failure, is not revealed. Since there is a shortage of marinas taking such big yachts, similar incidents are bound to happen I think...

The yacht was brought back to VosperThornycraft Shipyards in England where she still remains, but will probably head for the Caribbean soon.
  8. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

There's gotta' be more to it than just that... I mean, did nobody notice the fact that they were dragging anchor? :rolleyes: The fact of the matter is, not very many people will ever really know I'd imagine. Mr. Vittoria knows, the crew that was onbaord at the time of the incident, and whoever insures Mirabella V.

So of the links about the incident are here:
    http://www.ibinews.com/ibinews/newsdesk/20040817111903ibinews.html
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Kevin,

Just a heads-up... when you post URL addresses to other sites on YachtForums, it can become a "link" recognized by spiders that improves that sites ranking. I spend alot of money (and time) to bring traffic to YachtForums, which ultimately (and hopefully) is diverted to the yacht builders that support this site.

I've deleted two of the links you posted for this reason. I hope you will understand our position on this, as it is similar to other forums.

Best regards....
  10. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Ok, no prob. I just didn't feel like doing all the copy/pasting for what was already there. :)