Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Burger

Best place to gawk yachts in Ft. Lauderdale?

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by OrthoKevin, Apr 21, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. OrthoKevin

OrthoKevin Member

Here for Spring Break with the kids and wondering where the best spot is to yacht watch while we're here? Would love to look aboard a Nordhavn while in town as well.

Ideas?

Thanks so much!

Kevin
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

1. Pelican Cafe at the end of the face dock at Pier 66. The best vantage point for cruise by traffic.

2. Bahia Cabana next to the fishing fleet at Bahia Mar. The best vantage point for big boats at berth.

3. Coconuts, just north of Swimming Hall of Fame & Bahia Mar. Good for seeing bikinis after the beach too.

4. Bokampers, north of Oakland Park Blvd on the intracoastal. Brand new, gigantic sports bar that makes Shooter's look so 80's.
  3. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

Yep, those would be my suggestions, too. Plus, I'd add Shooter's.
  4. OrthoKevin

OrthoKevin Member

Thanks ya'll!!!!!
  5. Caltexflanc

Caltexflanc Senior Member

15th street Fisheries is another good watch-the-yachts go by spot, plus there are boats and brokerages right there too. The big yards and brokerages out on SR 84 west of 95 are always interesting, and go to the good casual restaurant at Marina Bay and look out at some dandy craft. Westport is out there too.

You can please the kids and your yachtie jones with a trip on the Jungle Queen, which will take you almost all the way up the New River, lots of fun, very unique and one big boat after another.

As for the Nordhavn, see what is on Yachtworld and find out if a broker will show you one.

Admin Edit: removed broker name.
  6. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

All good suggestions. I would add The Downtowner which is situated right on the New River. Fun to watch the big ones navigate that narrow waterway. If you really want to see the waterfront sights on a short budget - take a Water Taxi ride. It's great fun, even for locals!
  7. OrthoKevin

OrthoKevin Member

Thanks to all for the advice!! Great sights down here, the yacht highlight being the Pershing putting on an Arneson rooster-tail show this morning off the beach in Hollywood. What a sight!

On to Marina Bay tonight!