Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking

best place/months to find work?!

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by haleyd, Apr 5, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. haleyd

haleyd New Member

fort lauderdale bound (indiana currently)
    I'm planning on moving in the next month or two so I can FINALLY pursue being a yacht stewardess. My question is: where is the best place to move to, to find work? I had planned on Ft. Lauderdale but it sounds like boats aren't really hanging out there much in the summer. Since I have no previous experience on yachts, I know I wouldn't be able to get a job very quickly so I want to be somewhere where I can get day work and soak in as much experience as possible! Any suggestions???
  2. m2m

m2m Senior Member

Newport R.I. would be a good base to set up shop but rents are a bit on the high side. May is a good month to start pounding the docks.
  3. haleyd

haleyd New Member

May is a good month for Newport? A friend of mine told me that if I can't go right now to Fort Lauderdale, I might as well stay here until September/October and move then... but I don't want stay here until then lol. I want to get this going as as i can and that's in may/june'ish!
  4. m2m

m2m Senior Member

The boats start arriving late March and typicaly want to start with day workers to take care of any damage of wear on the trip up from the islands in order to get the boats ready for the summer season. May is when it starts to get busy up here, a good time to get your foot in the door.
  5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Here is a YF Member looking for someone now.

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/yacht-crews/13336-mate-stew-needed.html#post101047
  6. Henning

Henning Senior Member

Antibes is a good place this time of year and through the summer.
  7. haleyd

haleyd New Member

8. haleyd

haleyd New Member

i thought about antibes, but i wasn't really sure i would be able to afford that... being brand new, i can't imagine i will find a job too quickly!