Click for Walker Click for MotorCheck Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta Click for Mag Bay

Bertram - Difference of B54's and B60's

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by Bertram Man, May 30, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Bertram Man

Bertram Man New Member

Dear All,
    Unbelievable but I just became a member of this Forum which I really enjoyed because I've been an avid boater for over 40 years.

A Bertram boat fan I had a 46 for 5 years and a 50 for 14 years which I loved...but yes the 8v92's were killing me every 1000 hours even though I had always been a 1950 RPMS during the long navigation to all Bahamas and around.

By the way I sold the boat in 2011 and stayed with a lot of stuff of the 50's such as double racors, controls, etc...
    If you guys have any interest, email me and I send the list of everything I have...new and used...

My 46.6 was a Mark III -1986 with 6v92;s and the 50 was a 1989 with 8V92's.

After "suffering" with no boat for the last 4 years; am now looking for a B54 or a B60...
    16V92's is a no by my mechanic; but I do like the 12v71/1292's on a 54 and obviously Cats should be the norm...
    Also saw a 60 with MTU's which I have no idea of their maintenance and potential problems...
    Which of the 2 sizes you guys like in terms of navigation and agility... 54's or 60's?

I would not buy anything Bertram during Ferreti's time...however, talking to people that was involved in the building of Bertrams; they said the 57 has been the best of the line during Ferreti's ownership...I recall 63's delamination posted in Youtube...
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

So much has originated on YF over the years, only to go viral. The original video of the sunk Bertram "Absolutely" is hosted on our server.

http://www.yachtforums.com/threads/catastrophic-delamination-on-a-new-bertram-63.10591/

http://www.yachtforums.com/threads/bertram-630-sportfish-sinks.12434/

http://www.yachtforums.com/threads/...nderwater-pictures-of-sunk-bertram-630.12624/

I'm moving this thread to the Bertram forum, where it should have been placed originally for best search engine indexing.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I've been on a couple of 54s. One 54 had a pair of tweaked out 12V71s that I was absolutely in luv with, fast and silk smooth.
    Trolled, drifted and even played with balloons then kites. I swear the sound of the boat attracted fish. The sloppier the seas, the more fish she would catch.

One day (lotto winner), I'll ad a cockpit to our Bert. My new design would result in a 70' fish yacht.
  4. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Hi Ralph--

Adding a 10-foot cockpit to a 58MY, cost was well over $100K back in the '90s...
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Gonna need a bigger lotto ticket.