Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Perko Click for Cross

Bertram 58 MY info

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by flabndboat2, Oct 18, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. flabndboat2

flabndboat2 New Member

Hello, I have been boating for 30+ years and presently own a 40' Pacemaker MY on Long Island. I also have a place on the St. Johns river in NE Florida where we expect to move to permenantly in the near future. We have been thinking of moving up in size and quality for some time. A few weeks ago we looked at a Bertram 58 MY. I need additional information about this model yacht. The specs say 5'4" draft, but I need to know the true draft to the bottom of the props to be sure I can accomodate at my dock. Does anyone have a Bertram Brochure for this model? The one we are looking at is a 1981. This would be a start as I am sure I will have more questions as I get into this. Thank you.
  2. Henning

Henning Senior Member

If you are critical as to draft, on a boat that old I recommend you actually measure it on the specific boat as over time it changes as people modify the boat., add/subtract (rarely subtract though on a boat like that) weight, change the wheels.... As for the brochure, the draft you see on the specs will be the same as the brochure, and most likely will be acurate to within 3-4".
  3. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Contact Allied Richard Bertram in Ft LAuderdale, they can line you up as to where to get the original data.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Did you ever pick up the 58? Were in Jax also.
    ,Ralph