Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno Click for Perko

Bertram 450 cockpit freezer flooding

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by LFLEPOUTRE, Sep 30, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. LFLEPOUTRE

LFLEPOUTRE New Member

When I activate my live well, water starts coming up the drain into the cockpit freezer, can anyone give me some ideas how to resolve it. The Bertram people have not been very cooperating since they concentrated on moving their operation out of Miami. Basically telling me that they will have a third party vendor call me. Which never happened.
    Also does anyone know a good yard that works on Bertram in Fort Lauderdale.
  2. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

is there a through hull shut off for the cockpit freezer or live well???

the drain or discharge side may be "T-ed" or go to a sea chest discharge which could be closed....i suppose if the drain through hull were closed it could back up into the lowest drain if the livewell pump were on.
  3. RER

RER Senior Member

The path of least resistance. Do you discharge into engine exhaust lines? I've seen the water flow of A/C, generator, live well, etc come up through the cockpit hatch drains due to restriction from mussels in the exhaust.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Follow the plumbing from the freezer drain and see where it leads, do the same with the pump and see how the water flows. Resist the temptation to out a check valve in the drain, sooner or later it will stick. A shut off valve may be an option if the plumbing issue can't be fixed

Being familiar with a boat plumbing is absolutely critical in an emergency