Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for JetForums Click for Abeking

Bermuda Triangle/UFO/Paranormal stories?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by VikHatBer, Nov 23, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. VikHatBer

VikHatBer New Member

Anyone have Bermuda Triangle/UFO/Paranormal stories about cruising?

I have seen a compass spin twice, once when I was 6 or 7 and once again in 2000. Both times, I was leaving Nassau for Chub in the Tongue of the Ocean... Shoot, not only was the compass going crazy, all the gauges on our consul were going back and fourth. Never seen a UFO, though we don't do any night cruising.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

The compass can spin for different reasons, magnetic reasons of course. In the past when autopilots were using them without GPS, it happened that we were doing 180° turnarounds...
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Haven't seen any UFO's, but I saw pigs swim in the outer banks of the Abacos. Word is, they haven't perfected flight yet...

Attached Files:

4. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

Lol..... :d
  5. brunick

brunick Senior Member

with a nose like that some yachties might think theyre shore connection for electricity :D (ok, maybe just for europeans ;))
  6. VikHatBer

VikHatBer New Member

They would make for some fine meals! I wonder if that would be against some Bahamian law, to slaughter one of their feral pigs.
  7. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

They do not look like any Feral Pigs I have ever seen anywhere in my travels and growing up in NZ I have seen, killed and eaten quite a few of the Captain Cook Variety.
  8. VikHatBer

VikHatBer New Member

[​IMG]
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Oh, please.:rolleyes:
  10. VikHatBer

VikHatBer New Member

C'mon!!!! You guys aren't real captains until you've seen some St. Elmo's Fire at the end of your outriggers!!!
  11. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Is that what it takes. Foolish me.:rolleyes:
  12. VikHatBer

VikHatBer New Member

I think I know whats going on here...you captains all want to be tough guys. Superstition is best left for the Bahamians and Caribbean folk to dabble with...right?

I guess I'm the only one here out of all these experienced, aged captains who has ever seen anything really amazing on the water... pity. :rolleyes:
  13. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

If that's the way you feel you best pat yourself on the back.... I doubt if anyone else here would be able to spare the time as they are obviously too busy looking out for UFO's.
  14. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

50 years on the water. Haven't seen a blessed thing amazing. At least no more than 3 or 4 a day. :D
    BTW, writing styles are fairly recognizable. Yours reminds me of someone I haven't heard from in a few weeks.:cool:
  15. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Paranormal experience.....
    Only one completely inexplicable experience that I still don't have a rational explanation for, after all the time that has passed since it's occurrence.
    I walked in to bar in Jamaica and before I'd even seated myself, a beer was placed on a table and the chair pulled out for me. So, I drank the beer, very tasty, and sat back waiting for the tab. When it didn't come I finally caught the bartender's eye and and asked how much I owed. Already paid for by the man that left just before you came in, was the answer. Now, I'd been standing outside the bar for a few minutes prior to entering since it's my habit to empty my pipe and let it cool off a moment or two so as to avoid setting fire to my pant pockets or otherwise overheating other treasured parts of my anatomy that are in close proximity to said pockets. During that entire time I had not seen anyone enter or more significantly, leave that bar.
    Ghost? Martian? I don't know, but there is no rational explanation for anyone anonymously buying an old guy a beer in Jamaica. Spooky huh?
  16. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Normally I'd chalk it up to a random act of kindness, but are you sure the barkeep didn't just get the wrong table after a ganga break.:D Or maybe you just drank someone else's beer:eek: .
  17. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

This giant space ship landed here on New Years Day. Isn´t it pretty unusual to see them in daylight?

Attached Files:

18. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Looks like a scene from the Wil Smith flick; Independence Day...
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, this was about 3 miles wide...:eek:
  20. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I've seen compasses spin numerous times. I've seen GPS's do all sorts of weird things. I've heard outriggers buzz. I think it's just dealing mother nature. I leave the paranormal stuff to the hippies that still drop acid.