Click for Walker Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service

Beards and Boating

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by g1mme, Mar 27, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. g1mme

g1mme New Member

So I know from reading the post on visible tattoos that crew need to be as presentable and uniform as possible. I've sported a neck hugger for almost 7 years now and was wondering whether shaving it off would be a good decicion. I always keep the critter well groomed and oiled but from experience working in Platinum golf clubs in Florida I know beards werent an option. Is this still an issue or would you recommend I remove it?

Thanks in advance.

p.s this is in reference to working on the superyachts.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi, as opposed to tattoos you can offer to remove it when you apply for a position...
  3. g1mme

g1mme New Member

Agreed. Though I suppose I should rather ask, If a dockwalker came around with a beard would that affect them negatively in consideration of future employment. I'm not allowed to post photos of my gorgeous face on this site (lucky for all of you) so I cant show you the extent of it. but its bigger than most though not as large as those hipster beards I see on facebook all the time :D