Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Perko Click for Mulder

Bahamas/Covid Question

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by motoryachtlover, Apr 12, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

Is it true that some of the smaller islands will not accept visitors after they have stayed at Grand Bahamas, New Providence, and I heard Eleuthera. We were planning on my daughter and her husband to fly out of Eleuthera so no problem for them but my wife and I will have to stop overnight probably twice on the way back to the states. Thanks for your time
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

PM Pascal I think he has the most current info.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Yes and no.
    We ve been in the Exumas for the last 5 weeks with guests flying in and out.

As of today: you need a PCR test and domestic health visa if leaving NP GB and Eleuthera for any out island. Note that while Harbor Island is considered part of Eleuthera, Spanish wells is not and therefore exempted from this requirement.

also if staying less than 24 hours in NP, you do not need to test to leave to the out islands

so yes if you got to Eleuthera you will need a PCR test of stopping elsewhere on the way out

and remember that as of July last year you need to clear customs on the way out.
  5. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

So it sounds like stopping at West end is out on the way in. Thank you all for the help.
  6. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

The easiest place to clear these days is at Chub.
  7. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

They got custom/immigration at the Marina now?
    In the past it was a trip to the airport, but 10 years since I stopped at Chub.
    Time flies..o_O
    https://www.chubcay.com/airport
  8. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

No, they give you a ride to the airport ...

I hope Cat Cay reopens at some point when this red flu hysteria goes away. It was on the way, and for $100 you could be in and out in under half an hour.
  9. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Done Cat Cay several times, love it.
    Got my second vaccine shot today, hoping everyone will do the same instead of denying Covid-19.
    Only then will the hysteria go away.:(
  10. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

We cleared in st chub and it was smooth. I did the cruising permit online ( and health Visa). They still gave you. The full set of papers when arriving at the Marina, but didn’t need to fill them out.
  11. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2021
    vacser likes this.
  12. Scott M

Scott M Member

Pascal:

Where are your clients getting the "NAAT/molecular or antigen test" in order to return to US? I know the Rapid Test is widely available in Bahamas, but was not sure about the other.
  13. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I always go to Lab Doctor on S.E. 17th street in Fort Lauderdale. Very fast results with both PCR (next morning) and rapid antigen and no appointment needed. NOBODY cares about having a test to RETURN to the U.S. on private yachts or private planes.......I've done the test a few times, nobody ever asked, and the last 6 times didn't even bother. Antigen is the rapid test (rapid antigen).
  14. Scott M

Scott M Member

Sorry, my question may not have been clear. In order to return to the US on a commercial flight, the CDC is requiring"NAAT/molecular or antigen test" within 72 hours of departure. My question to Pascal was a, where in the Bahama's are his clients getting this test and is it widely available?
  15. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Yes. The rapid test required to return by air is available everywhere. Usually when people stay a week, they can do the 5 day test on days 5 or 6 and use the same test to fly home. In the Exumas it s avail e at highborne, staniel and Gtown