Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay

Atlantic crossing early Dec

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by Spiv, Oct 28, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Spiv

Spiv New Member

Hi all,

My wife and I are crossing the Atlantic in our near new 'Salina 48' Catamaran, in tandem with a Sanya 57 and possibly other two cats.

We are currently in Morocco, planning to go to the Canaries mid Nov and cross to the Caribbean in early Dec, two weeks crossing and a few months in the Caribbean to chill out.

We have been living aboard for the last 6 months and are very experienced with the boat.
    I have sailed for over 40y, held a Master Class V Trading (i.e.for commercial work under 300 Ton), Radio Telephony certificate, marine engine driver and First aid certificates, for over 30y.
    I have operated a charter boat business with different boats for the past 22y.
    We are both good cooks.

Our Salina is a magnificent Cat, very well appointed and one of the best sailing, "Production" cats around.
    I hope to sail with our "Parasailor” for the whole trip without having to take it down...... will see ;)

We were going to sail alone, but recently we are thinking to take an additional 1 or 2 people/couple for the crossing to help with night watches.
    We have two Queen Size cabins with their own en-suites available.

I expect to get a lot of applicants, so before rushing to PM me read the rules:

• No smoking at all times and no alcohol in navigation.
    • Some sailing experience expected, I can teach the rest.
    • Cleanliness and a positive attitude required.
    • Night watch will be 3 Hours, day watch not necessary.
    • Cooking welcome, but not required.
    • Contribution to expenses will earn you Brownie points...
    All in all I hope to pick the right weather windows and we will all have a great time :), but if we get some bad weather, it is not going to be my fault ;)

You can ask any questions responding to this thread, but please PM me with lots of details about yourself if you want to be considered.

Keep smiling
    Stefano

Attached Files: