Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Abeking

Aspiring Yacht Designer

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by USNA13, Jun 4, 2009.

1. USNA13

USNA13 New Member

Hi, I am 18 and currently waiting to enter the United States Naval Academy for the year 2009 on July 1st. I have broad plans to major in Naval Architecture in dreams of eventually following the path of yacht design after i serve my required time as an officer. I am wondering if this is the right path to take? my ultimate goal is yacht design.. I was hoping I could find some people who might have followed a similar path and are successful in this career who might be able to offer some insight.
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

How long do you plan on spending doing your Officer Training?

Is Naval Architecture one of the subjects you will be taught during this time?
  3. USNA13

USNA13 New Member

while at the naval academy i will take all the necessary courses to graduate as a naval architect with a bs in science. the next four years after g raduation I will spend working for the navy bettering, and designing warships,carriers, etc. when i am eligible to retire from the navy.. roughly when I am 26, I plan to continue my career with yacht design. This is my rough draft plan for the future