Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for Mulder

Aqua-Box Multi Stage Pressure Pump

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Gödeke, Jul 19, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Gödeke

Gödeke New Member

Anyone has experience with the Headhunter fresh water pumps Aqua- Box multi stage pressure pump?

Attached Files:

2. captholli

captholli Senior Member

I know a few active chief engineer friends that have the single and double units installed & they have nothing negative to say about the Aqua Box pumps from Headhunter plus you don't see any of these units on the secondhand / used market so they must perform up to standards or they'd be available on the used mkt like the Mach 5 is. That being said, you're talking about $4,000 dollars + for the single and close to $10,000 for the twin multistage pressure pump that've been out in the marketplace for five years now that really targeted the mega yacht crowd of 50 meters and over and I understand that Headhunter makes a smaller version or "mini Aqua Box" for smaller vessels but have no firsthand nor secondhand info /knowledge of the mini. For that kind of scratch, you might as well upgrade to a Spec pump @$12,000 dollars and be done with it. ;)
  3. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Sorry for my typo to cause head scratching as to just what the heck I was referring to as a "Spec" pump and what that might be? Speck Pumpen is a German pump manufacturer of many different types of pumps for many different industries, but their linier piston pumps have been the gold standard freshwater pressure pumps specified on Feadship's builds for the last 40 yrs. You can find the Speck PM-30 on quite a few northern European builds unless otherwise specified as they're virtually bulletproof piston pumps that will run for thousands of hours before being easily serviced /rebuilt in house. They're also the gold standard price wise.
  4. S J Meyer

S J Meyer New Member

The Aqua-Box is a DAB E.SYBOX pump. Great pumps, I use one for my home and one on the boat.
  5. relax

relax New Member

What model did you put on your boat?
    I have 3 heads and showers.
    I currently have a nach 5 pump
    And I want to replace it.
    The mini 3 says it’s a booster pump.
    Will the mini 3 self prime?
    Is it a suitable replacement for a Mach 5?
    Thanks