Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for MotorCheck Click for Abeking Click for JetForums

Anyone trade the pulpit for a roller?

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Stainless45, Sep 6, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Stainless45

Stainless45 Active Member

I much prefer the "Carolina" look- No rails, no anchor pulpit. My 46 did not have rails, but the 4 ft long anchor pulpit is still there and looks really out of place. I'm looking to delete it in favor of a sleeker appearance, but still want the functionality of the anchor and windlass. I see a ton of rollers/fairleads on the market, most of them crap, not sturdy enough for the task in my opinion.

Looking for insight from anyone who has gone this route what did you use?
  2. Slimshady

Slimshady Senior Member

We use the ultra anchor and their roller. Most new sportfish manufacturers are using them now. Ours is still under construction so can't comment beyond that.
    Stainless45 likes this.
  3. Stainless45

I wonder if this would work with a Danforth like the FX-37 the I'm currently running
  4. Slimshady

Slimshady Senior Member

I'd call the ultra dealer, ours was in ft Lauderdale. They are helpful
  5. Greg Page

Greg Page Active Member

I have been considering deleting the pulpit on our 43 when install a new windless this winter. Would love to see what you work out.
  6. Stainless45

I'm going to buy or build a roller of some sort to clean up the bow. There's a small area of moisture that I'm going to address and while doing so strengthen up that area of the deck, since I'll have to relocate the windlass anyway.
  7. Greg Page

Greg Page Active Member

We have a small delam around the base of the pulipt from the prior owners "windless delete" work too. My local yard owner (also my neighbor) expressed concern the distance to the back of the anchor locker is too short to get good line geometry, along with concern getting the anchor far enough out from the bow.

Will follow what you figure out closely, plan to install ours over the winter haulout.