Click for Furuno Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Delta

Anyone own any Exotic cars?

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by zeeshan66, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

:D :D :D
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

An NSX in a redneck car wash. Sacrilege!
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Well I started thinking about it... and the NSX (or really any mid/rear engined car) is well suited to forging streams. I mean, the air intake on a mid/rear engined car is usually higher up than a front engined car, is it not? So as long as it's above the water level, it should keep on running. :D
  4. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Not for long..Hows about shock-cooling and cracked manifold or cylinderblock or all the electronic being submerged with disasterous results..:eek:

Only James Bond can get away with that stunt..;)
  5. 61c40

61c40 Member

Back in the late 1950s Willy Overland (maybe Jeep by then) in Toledo Ohio used to bring jeeps and trucks down to a Lake Erie road end access near where I grew up, and would drive them into the lake, with a snorkel some ran for quite a long time! When you're 8 to 10 years old stuff like that is so cool !
  6. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

7. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

(Sidebar)

Ugghhhh... Land Rover.....
    At the request of my Wife, because without a doubt, she knows a great SUV when she sees one... we had a Range Rover. Circa 2004. Biggest piece of sh!t we've ever owned. Fortunately enough it was a lease so we only had to put up with the monthly dealer visits and loaner cars for 2 years. What a PITA. Every month, something different needed repair / replacement. It was almost as bad as owning a boat.
    Never again......
  8. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

9. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

The old stuff, (circa 50's and 60's) I have no issue with. In fact, believe them to be great vehicles for the specific purpose. The new stuff, junk junk junk!
    YMMV though, and to each is own of course. I know another friend who has a new LR and he swears by it.
  10. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

LR and Jag are now owned by an Indian corp. They are very near the top of most J.D.Power surveys.

However I had one of the Indian trucks and the sodding thing was a piece of :eek: . Not only did it rust away but jammed the gearbox into neutral so often I bent the 3ft stickshift to a certain angle that I drove with one boot on the shift and one for the peddles.

Andy, the mechanic, is one of my best mates. He should be, I think I paid for most of his house.
  11. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

All these fine vehicles have become too much for me. So I just got some company for my John Deer today. A 1450cc HD Super Glide. Not as exotic as a lot of toys I see hear but she's makes me :)
  12. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Aye Capt 123..Now I am see the big picture: Ya be scooter trash...:D

Sold my last Harley in 1992, a 1990 FXR 1380cc Super Glide..Cool before the Hollywood Harleys and before every lawyer and doctor with a grey beard became instant bikers..:rolleyes:

Got my eyes on a Wide Glide, but the sailboat, the E-500, the dog and the trophy wife takes up more time and money than God and nothing left for the Hog..

Send pics anyhow..
  13. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Long, long time, but a long abstinence. 1969 Triumph 650 Bonneville :cool: , a Honda 750 :( and a Honda 900 Custom :D (HD was AMF back then :( ). Left the road when the lawyers and docs came on. They seem to be getting out so it might get respectable again.
  14. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

It's like a do it yourself version of the series on Men and Motors where the guy re builds a Landie.

Just the mention of wheel cylinder problems made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, I worked on a few of those old dears during my apprenticeship and do not have many "fond " memories.
  15. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

*MUST* Resist!

2010 911 GT3 Cup Car
    Just released. Porsche is taking deposits on orders now.

I wonder how my Wife is going to take the news.

Attached Files:

strat57 likes this.
  16. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

Not really exotic, but I may be recovering a car stolen from me approximately 5 years ago - a 1964 Lincoln Continental Convertible. Apparently it has been in mixed sotrage, inside and outside, under cover and bare, this whole time. I'll be going to look at it this week, to see if it's worth taking back. The repair shop where it has ended up has a modest outstanding bill for work done, and I only found out about it due to the shop owner doing a title search before filing a garageman's lien for unpaid bills.

Not sure if now is the moment to take on another money pit :eek: , but then again... we all know how our toys tug at our hearts and wallets. :rolleyes:
  17. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Caddy Marine

Dare we term this 'Exotic'

Attached Files:

18. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Oh yeah! THAT is exotic!:) Probably the most exotic toy I've seen here yet.
    My dictionary says: "Interestingly different and strange". I'd put that as #1 on the exotic list so far.:D .
  19. Steve in SoCal

Steve in SoCal Member

Gives real meaning to the old term "land yacht" for Caddies

Steve
  20. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

I remember seeing a similar theme caddy in Pompano Beach many years ago (surely lost that photo) of a caddy convertible with outriggers fitted to her rear flanks and sand and sea shells and other such stuff glued all over the body. The personalized tags said "Gon Fishn" if I remember correctly. And she had a 'ship's wheel' for a steering wheel.