Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross Click for Delta Click for Walker Click for Burger

Amel 64, well thought out

Discussion in 'General Sailing Discussion' started by brian eiland, Sep 22, 2012.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Someone just posted a reference to this video presentation of the Amel 64 over on another forum where the virtues of the 'ketch' rig were being discussed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14wegj7i73Y

It started out rather normal, but as it got going there were lots of interesting details on this sailing yacht that would recommend her for 'short-handed' operation by just man and wife team.

What really caught my attention as well was her very nice set of sails, particularly as they are of the 'lowly' in-mast furling variety. But these look really well crafted and nice setting. Of course I've always been a fan of ketch rigs, having promoted a single-masted ketch idea for some years now ;):rolleyes:

Look thru the whole video, some nice 'yachty' details.
  2. nilo

nilo Senior Member

Comparison of 64 & 55

I have been on this boat last year in Cannes. I have very much liked and appreciated the concept and layout of 55, but i did not like the 64. The aft cabins do not have good headroom due to the tender garage and feel very tight. The forward master also not as good as the 55 in feeling.