Click for Cross Click for Comfort Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for Glendinning

Alfa Nero Review; WOW!

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by brunick, Jun 9, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. brunick

brunick Senior Member

WOW! Carl, this time you've out done yourself so much, another impressive presentation!

We want another one! Maybe "Anastatia" or "Amevi" :D
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Yes Jannick, I agree the review is impressive. You just have no idea of the effort that was put into that review.
  3. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

She was featured in YACHT magazine last year and ever since seeing the images and write up on her, I've always been wowed by that vessel.

I also love the name Alpha Nero as well. Such an awesome statement for a stunning boat.
  4. GrahamF

GrahamF Senior Member

Carl, Excellent review thanks.
  5. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Well done!
    Yes, I did read it all and I don't know what the hook in the stern does other than increase the wake.:)
  6. SharkyFHB

SharkyFHB Senior Member

Great review Carl and a great write up by Chuck.

Definitely an advantage for this media where we are reading about what is in each picture (great shots by the way) over traditional print media. In my opinion, it really flows much better than the print media.

John
  7. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thanks guys! :)

As Ron mentioned, a lot went on behind the screen to make the AN review happen. I'll share some details a little later, but I'm just getting in from a long day and ready to hit the hay.

I'll sign off with something that's been on my mind all day... I'm convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that auto manufacturers have timed the life-cycle of components to fail immediately after the last car payment is made!

Case in point... my 2000 Ford Expedition, with 102,000 miles is suffering a slow death. It started with the air-ride suspension system leaking at 95k. By 100k, the transmission began slipping. And today, just a click over 102k... the thermostat failed.

Up until these perfectly timed events, this SUV has been a workhorse, but today... it became a horse put out to pasture. All combined, the repairs will exceed the Kelly Blue Book. I wasn't planning to buy another 11 mpg SUV before, say... the end of my OWN life-cycle... but necessity rules, therefore I spent the day looking for another way to hurl my body down the highway with a tender in tow.

Off to get some Z's...
  8. Innomare

Innomare Senior Member

Good review! I saw the boat at the Monaco Yacht Show, and indeed, she's a jaw-dropper.

The hook in the hull bottom is to minimise resistance (increase the topspeed). It gives a bow-down force. The application depends on the hull's coefficients (longitudinal center of buoyancy e.g.), so it's not like it would be good for any hull.

The working principle is the same as having fixed trimtabs on a planing hull.

Bruno
  9. dockboy93

dockboy93 New Member

Awesome

This is my favorite yacht of all times. I especially love the fold out deck :D
  10. Kris K

Kris K New Member

I have to agree with all your comments. Excellent review of Alfa Nero. She is really a beauty with all that open space in the aft, the pool, just gorgeous. Guess what is my wallpaper right now :)

Kris