Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for MotorCheck Click for Burger

| OceAnco | 95M | "H3" ex. "NEOM"/"Indian Empress"/"Al Mirqab" | 2000/23 |

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by Yacht News, Dec 20, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

2. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Elegance

Very fine foto..I must find the ones I have pre lauch. I remember a lot of them I took before the upper wings were installed. She looked so funny. Still think shes one of the most elaegant yachts afloat today. Any idea if its still the original owner and captain? I look out the fotos:)
  3. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Almirqab Speed

HI ALL...WHEN ALMIRQAB HAD HER SEA TRIALS (AFTER THE MAIN ENGINE ACCIDENT THAT IS) THERE WAS A POOL TO GUESS THE TOP SPEED ON TRIALS.. WE WERE ALL AMAZED AT THE 23 KNOTS SHE ATTAINED.. (THINK THATS RIGHT ,,CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG FRED:eek: ) HERES A PIC I FOUND OF ONE!!!!!! OF HER 3 PROPS... IS HER SPEED STILL A SUPRISE!!???:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

4. Angelus

Angelus New Member

As promised,,the launch

Hi.. I sed I had sme photos of the launch well here they are. All taken by me , You can clearly see the immence size of the remote controlled tractors rolling under the hull.. Not e the 3 props like I said previously..You can see on the first foto the maindeck lift installed for the Mercedes's to drive off the back end while in portThis whole process took 4-5 hours from shed to barge which was then floated to deper waters in Rotterdam..Hope you like them. I dont travel the world as much as I used to so I never get the chance to see them in port somewhere..

Attached Files:

5. Angelus

Angelus New Member

The final shots

These are the last 5 I will show here the rest will be on photo bucket for which I will put a simple link.. Hopefully if I get it right I will also be able to put a lot of video footage I took of all the oceanco yachts..

Attached Files:

6. Michele

Michele New Member

Is that you?

Hi Angelus,
    Is that you on picture 2?
    M
  7. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Is that you

Hi M. If you mean the one with the propeller, yes but thats all you will see of me on these forums. Curious!!! :p You been a member since 2005 and your first post (2 years later) is to ask that one question? Is there a reason for that??? ;) ;) Did you like the Pics? It was a cold morning when I took the photos. There's so few pre-launch photos of her I felt it right to show them.
  8. Michele

Michele New Member

Thanks for your prompt and straight answer. In fact, I am more watching and reading the comments and the pictures than posting messages. As I am the sales and marketing manager for Oceanco, I am sure that you will understand that I like to keep an eye on all the published Oceanco yacht pictures, in order not to upset our yacht owners by publishing to much details ... and by the way, yes indeed, very nice images!
  9. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Wow

Marketing manager for OceAnco..I'm Honoured.. Yes indeed I do know what you mean and agree 100%... I have an infinite love for the Oceanco Fleet going terug some time... They are simply the best..I find it hard to keep up with the new builds and get to Alblasserdam often as I can to see the lauches and stuff.. I'm a designer and would give Anything to be invloved with the new 80Mtr vessels.. Thanks for the info and so prompt.. Photos.. Yeh I try..;)
  10. TSI AV

TSI AV Senior Member

Indian Empress

Mmmmm, I love this boat...

Brgds,

Andei

Attached Files:

11. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Quite right!

Thanks Andei. BUT shes not a BOAT, shes a work of Art. One of the best i was ever on the design team. Even 8-9 years on shes ahead of all her class! Sleak lines, Long and skinny. In the first few months of design the bow was a little longer so even more sleak. But life has taught me that if you want this line as a design, Someone will always want to extend the accomodation to give more living area. I think we still found a happy medium with this one. Still after all these years, One of my altime favourites along with Constellation and Stargate. I had no idea the name had changed. Many years later after leaving Oceanco I ended up working for the original Owner again.Was suprised he remembered me but said nothing about selling her. Anyone Know what happened to the rest of the 'Stargate' Project? thanks again mate. Nice pics and lovely to see her again!!!!
  12. Yacht News

I had to look twice at this picture, "Indian Empress" certainly looked like she was painted in camo colours:rolleyes:

Smoking is bad for your health!

Ship+Photo+INDIAN+EMPRESS.jpg
    Photo by Giovanni Romero at FlickR
  13. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Yet again, this photo shows that an exhaust stack is the way forward.

The ones fitted on the 75m 'Leander' added an extra 4 tonnes but the quietness was a bonus. Okay we had to wash a liitle soot off the decks sometimes on start-up after a hard run but its a hell of a lot cheaper than destroying the topside paintwork all year round.
  14. Yacht News

She could as well been sitting at the dock, next to a boat that caught fire, because she looks like she was charred. That is significant soot build-up!
  15. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Nope, I'm pretty sure thats all engine grime, thats what happens.

Designers like nice, neat masts (they look great on paper) but this is what waterline exhausts are like to live with.
  16. Yacht News

Even if they were to reconfigure the routing of the exhaust through to the mast, the mast itself and the surrounding 'balls', lights, antennae, etc will be covered in the stuff. There are so many examples of this on larger yachts today!
  17. Yacht News

18. nmna

nmna Senior Member

Indian Empress was sold in a court-ordered auction for 43.5 million euros.
  19. Yacht News

New name since the sale is "NEOM". Thread title updated.
  20. volfkan

volfkan Active Member

include a brand new superstructure and a totally new interior and now 105m.
    SYT_253758-l.jpg SYT_253764-l.jpg SYT_253766-l.jpg
    Pinstripe likes this.