Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn

Accident In Miami

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Capt Bill11, Jan 4, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Apparently a man lost both legs in a boating accident in Miami this afternoon. Prop strike is the story so far.

They brought him into Sea Isle marina, alive.

Anyone hear any details on where/how it happened?
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Nasty accident, and not uncommon. First time I saw it was as a kid when a boat backed down on a skier to pass the tow line. When I was living in Lauderdale an EMT was diving from shore on his day off when a boat ran him over taking off his legs. As you can see from the attached pic there's no shortage of fools who get too close to propellers. In this pic the props were grinding through rocks at full throttle.
    upload_2021-1-4_14-33-33.png
  3. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

I believe a similar accident took place last year in the Fort Myers Beach area. Same thing. trying to push a grounded OB powered boat with people right next to OBs pushing. I think I know of atleast 2 propellor strikes over the last 10 years at a popular party beach at Wrightsville Beach, NC. Very sad.