Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for MotorCheck

AC Drain Lines

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by jlresq, Sep 28, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. jlresq

jlresq New Member

The AC pan(s) on the bridge of my 56 keep filling with water when the AC is used. I am not sure whether it is the drain line that is clogged or wherever it is supposed to drain to. Does anyone know whether the AC units drain into a sump or into the bilge? If into a sump, where might it be for the bridge AC?
  2. jlresq

jlresq New Member

Bmp
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Follow the lines and you should see which way they're routed. Take notice on what type, size and color hose, then try to catch up to them again lower in the boat. Look at the sump, if you see hoses smaller than 1" I.D. going into it they are probably a/c drain hoses, follow them and see where they go to. It shouldn't be terribly hard to figure out, if you use common sense and look at where they head down from the flybridge.
  4. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

I would be surprised if a bridge AC drained into either a sump or bilge. More likely, it would connect to a common drain for the galley sink or main cabin AC.

For clogs, try blasting the line with air - I use the reverse function on my shop- vac.
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Try first a shop vac at the bridge. You don't want to blow a hose connect apart somewhere in your boat. If it's clogged with stuff from the pan, it's just there at the hose top.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I manage a Hampton that has a MILLION Y's for the plumbing drains. The flybridge a/c drains always clog up every 4 months and it's at a Y down near the salon floor level behind some wood work. I have a Sunseeker that the hard top drains do the same thing, always at the Y's. I have NO idea why some boat builders use Y's for gravity fed drains, everything just gets hung up on them. Try the shopvac, it may work, but a lot of times you're going to have to follow the line.