Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking

About those large in hull Italian windows...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Pascal, Feb 19, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

We re in the yard for bottom paint and thruster repair... our neighbor is a 2008 or 2009 85’ Mutt that s undergoing a lot of work.

the most obvious is replacing the in hull windows which have completely delaminated, on both sides. They had almost turned opaque with moisture creeping in the laminate... don’t know if it s a common issue or a Monday morning build...

On a positive note, one company that I find to be always reliable and a pleasure to deal with is Imtra. Every time I ve had to order something from them it was painless and came right away. We had to replace the gearbox on our SidePower bow thruster... it was received in a few days from the time I ordered. If only all vendors where that reliable.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I have been a Imtra jobber account for many years. I email my rep Ray LaVoie at night, his answer or order/ship confirmation is in my email early next morning. Old windlass parts to the latest fancy light option, he is on it.
    If he does not respond early, I know the shop is closed due to snow/ice. He calls me later in the morning anyway.

The correct people are up there and I can easily agree, they are all a pleasure to do deal with.
    Imtra also sends out jobber product e-mails explaining new products and how to install or use them. This is a great value.
    There is a world of support up there. It's just a note or call away.

If you ever get the chance to talk to Ray, you will be spoiled.
    Sadly, They do not sell everything, Or I'd be buying everything from them.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  3. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

I never heard of them , but looked them up on the web. Wow nice stuff. Products I'm not used to seeing on my old past and present boats.
    Thanks for the input on them.

Looking at their courtesy deck lights among other lights, what does 10-30vdc or 10-40vdc mean ? Will that work with my old 12volt system ?
    Does it mean it will work with DC voltage from 10 to 30 volts? Or am I dreaming? Which I'm good at.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Yes 10-30 VDC will work with 12 and 24v systems. 10-40VDC will work on 12,24 and 32v systems
  5. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Ok thanks ;
    I was seeing some strictly 12 Volt items on their site , and it threw me off on the other voltages .
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Yep.

Their support and inventory on rope lights will blow you away.
  7. mapism

mapism Senior Member

The whole glass turning opaque is something I never heard before, but bubbles and other defects inside these windows are fairly common.
    That's a problem I'm very happy to not have with my boat, which is by the way is also among the last still built also with no glued glasses anywhere, thanks God.

Anyway, troubles with large hull glasses are very far from being typical of Azimuts alone.
    Which btw is the yard that invented the concept.
    And you can blame them as much as you want, but as a matter of fact everyone and their dog followed that trend, whether we like it or not.
    We had this discussion before, and while I can only reiterate than I never owned an Azimut and never will, you've got to recognize that from a business standpoint those folks are very good at building what the market wants, even if I learned here that the assistance from their US distributor leaves a lot to be desired.