Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay

A rarity of a surveyor was found!

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by craigsduc, Dec 10, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. craigsduc

craigsduc New Member

I recently had the privilege of hiring Trip Vawter of Florida Marine Surveys to perform a survey on a 35 ft boat with twin OBs. I realize this forum pertains to bigger boats but as he performs surveys on any boat , this post is applicable here. I am posting this review on my own accord solely because I was so impressed by his professionalism and ethics...which alone is a rare trait to find these days. This was not an expensive survey simply because of the size of boat yet he went so far above and beyond he made next to nothing .....yet never complained about anything. He felt he missed performing an optional task I had asked him to do yet the reality was I had forgotten to ask him to do it. When I mentioned it, he simply told me not to worry that he would take care of it....which he did so immediately and on his own dime including the cost for the second haul out needed to perform the added task. When I offered to pay him for the additional work/costs, he refused it and told me he would rather have me spend it on my family for Christmas...............

All I can say is if you find yourself in need of a ethical and truly capable captain/surveyor/etc, give Trip a call. He is truly a rarity! I will use him exclusively in the future!