Click for Westport Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger

A new addition has arrived!!!

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by CTdave, Nov 3, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

No, my wife didn't have the baby YET (any day now), we have a new nautical toy!
    I just bought a 50' Bertram sport fish.
    I have one hell of a long trip to get it home though. It is in Pittsburgh PA of all places. Only 400 driving miles from here but the boat will have to travel something like 2400 miles down the Ohio river & river systems to the Gulf, over to FL and up the East Coast. Sounds like a fun trip though!!
    The Post is up for sale (cheap cheap) so if anyone is looking for a totally updated & upgraded 42, let me know.

Dave
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Congratulations Dave!!

Is this the same one we discussed? If so, you'll want to get started on updates right away. The best thing you can do is leave it in Florida... at my house... with the keys. :D

Seriously... love to help you on the project if you bring down here.
  3. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Hey Carl
    Thank you for your kind offer to help.
    Yes, it is the 50 Bertram we spoke about. We are in the midst of gutting the interior & picking fabrics, carpets & things.
    I have decided to leave it in Pittsburgh for the winter. It is only a few hours drive from here so it would be easier for me to get to. With the new baby, I won't be getting down to FL as often this season. Next fall however, I have a seat reserved with your name on it for the Columbus day regatta. I'm interested in seeing the "sights" which you couldn't post :D

Dave
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

That's GREAT Dave! Can't wait for next year's regatta. BTW... do you mind if I bring my new addition along... :cool:
  5. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Carl, it DEFINATELY would not be a problem if she comes along!! WOW!
    I'm so sorry we won't have room for you but I'll make sure she is well taken care of ;)
    Nice work on your new addition!
  6. yachtjim

yachtjim Guest

Dave, where is your Post kept? If you need a hand selling it let me know. What are the restrictions to bring a boat down the canal through NY from Pittsburgh, is that even an option? I thought there was a way. 2400 miles!!! That's a long way. Would be a great trip though.
  7. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Jim
    The Post is here in Greenwich CT. It is defenately up for sale! Let me know if you have any thoughts on selling.
    Though Lake Erie is very close, the boat can't fit under several bridges. I have to take the Ohio & head out to Lake Michigan, up & over to Huron, down to Erie, over to Ontario & then the St Lawrence seaway.
    Option 2 is the Ohio river & then down to the Gulf of Mexico, across FL on the Okeechobee & up the East Coast.

Anyone have any better ideas? I'm all ears

Attached Files: