Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for MotorCheck Click for JetForums

A Burger built on Burgers...?

Discussion in 'Burger Yacht' started by YachtForums, Sep 14, 2019.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Oh the irony! Spotted this Burger on the hard at Seminole. The font matches the Checkers fast food burger chain, so I'm assuming...

Attached Files:

2. captholli

captholli Senior Member

The founder of Checkers made his mark with several large vessels through the years starting in the late '80's all named "Seahawk" The last being a 177ft Trinity of the same name. Hopefully this Burger is owned by a successful franchisee owner who through hard work and a zillion burgers and fries sold has realized his yachting dream... I've been schooled that the burger, fast food margins are incredibly tight so that's why "A Zillion Burgers" was referenced. He couldn't have picked a finer built vessel to name "Checkers".
    rtrafford likes this.
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

YF wisdom rocks. Thanks Mark!
  4. Charleston

Charleston New Member

I think this was the 'Lady Sara' at one time. There was a madcap time-lapse Youtube video of an engine swap in this boat, back in 2011, at Gregory Poole Cat in Beaufort, NC. A lovely 85' Burger indeed!
  5. CatMan3

CatMan3 New Member

You are correct as it was LADY SARAH at that time and originally LADY LARSA from the factory. The original 3412’s were completely dismantled and hauled out through the transom bustle door and the new C32’s were disassembled and then reassembled in the engine room to eliminate any cutting of the hull. The new engines provided the much needed increase in horsepower to showcase what the yacht could really do. Cruise speed jumped from 17kts to 20kt and WOT was 24.7kts.
  6. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

I took Lady Larsa down the Welland Canal on her maiden voyage from factory June 12/2001
  7. CatMan3

CatMan3 New Member

I bet that was a nice trip and I would imagine that you have taken many Burgers down the canal over the last 30 years. Your logbook can no doubt outline an incredible journey that many of us can only dream about.