Click for Comfort Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for MotorCheck

90' Stephens M/Y - Where?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by ben8668, Oct 17, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. ben8668

ben8668 New Member

I want to locate a 90' Stephens M/Y launched in CA during the late 1970's. She was a classic Jack Hargrave design in aluminum. The original name was Jmar and later Jackabil, when she cruised to Nantucket every July during the "80's. Back then I just drooled, but couldn't afford her. I still drool (for obvious reasons, if you've computed my age), but now she would be in my price range. The last I knew she was undergoing a refit in FL under a new name. Where might she be?
  2. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

3. ben8668

ben8668 New Member

That's her. The last time I saw her she was moored at Pier 66 alongside the hotel parking lot with a "For Sale" sign...probably 8 or 10 years ago. When she was launched as "J-Mar" there was a lot of press coverage. If I recall correctly, she was custom-built for the Seagrams family.
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I remember this boat! Possibly one of Jack's most beautiful designs. I had the honor of meeting him in 1970 at Bahia Mar, when Dick Bertram introduced him to me. For the past couple of years, her position has been occupied by Northern V's, a 1983 83' Broward, which recently sold. Here's a picture of Northern V's at the dock along Pier 66's parking lot.

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/13194-post7.html
  5. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

ben8668
    Sorry, I don't have anything further. I have been keeping notes the past few years on vessels that for one reason or another impressed me or had attributes that I wanted in my own build. Hope that you find this one, a keeper.