Click for Westport Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for Cross

68' Roamer for sale

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Chamberlain41, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Chamberlain41

Chamberlain41 New Member

2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Bargain price or simply the ante?

Well sure, anything quality "brand new" (refurbished, etc) at under $10K/per foot is a good deal - only maybe you could get it for less, eh?
    This one lookz particularly well kept - I especially like the hull paint job (figure $1K/ft - easy) - but again, itz all a matter of the "comparables", no?
    Bottomline: She competes well with Burger, Stephens and other aluminum hulled yachts in her class/size range. Nothing compares to a "hands on" inspection and a good survey though.
    Don't forget to calculate in the annual maintenance/slip fees/liquor bill into your final equation = freedom at sea!:p
    CHeers,
    Eric
    "Tin Tonic"
  3. Chamberlain41

Chamberlain41 New Member

2 68' Roamers

There are now two 68' Roamers on Yachtworld in South Florida. They are both good looking boats with prices ranging from 275-299,000. I've been watching the one from Fort Lauderdale for awhile and noticed the price drop from 450-299,000. 150,000 is a significant price drop, obviously, the other one in St Petersburg started out at 279,000. My question is what do you suspect the fair market value for these vessels is? Thanks, Ryan
  4. q240z

q240z New Member

Not trying to be flippant, but the fair market value is determined the minute you sign the check and the seller accepts it. It might be a scorching deal right now, or it could be still overpriced.

For any AL boat, I'd take a very good look at the hull inside and out. Being a saltwater boat would make me doubly curious about the hull. I saw a 60 footer in Kentucky that looked great from the outside on the hard, but many of the frames inside looked like Swiss cheese.

That blue hulled boat on yachtworld sure looks sharp, though. Gotta love the 1271s. It really does look to be in top condition, even after backing out the 25% difference I usually see between pix and reality.
  5. Chamberlain41

Chamberlain41 New Member

I take it from your message that you've looked at the 60' in Kentucky on Yachtworld selling for around 229? There is also a 60' in Benton Harbor I've been looking at but have not seen in person yet. Is this "swiss cheese" problem an issue with most Chris Craft older aluminum boats? I would assume that fixing that problem would be extremely costly, however with my lack of knowledge of aluminum hulls, I wouldn't know. Thanks for the info and reply

Ryan
  6. q240z

q240z New Member

Actually, I was looking at the frost damaged boat in Paduca, KY. It ended up selling for $45,750 in an insurance auction.

My 46 Roamer has been in freshwater most of its life, so there is virtually no loss of hull material inside or out. From what I saw of the KY boat, keeping a dry bilge makes a world of difference if you're in saltwater. As far as costs go, I think repairing aluminum is no more than steel or fiberglass. They all seem to average out over time.

The 68 on yachtworld really puts the 60s in perspective. Figuring you could buy it for $250k, cash, the others are most likely quite overpriced. It's almost ridiculous how cheap that 68 is.