Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn

58' Viking Sportfish

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by NavigatorYacht, Feb 2, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NavigatorYacht

NavigatorYacht New Member

Thinking of buying a 1998 with open FB, no tower. Has 1200 MANS that we rebuilt and only have 200 hours on them now (rebuilt with 1200 hours). Boat is solid, but I am still skeptical about engines. Are they pretty dry boats? Anybody know how a 1000lb tender on bow effects the ride?

Why are there not alot of open flybridge models on the market? Did viking make more with enclosed FB?
  2. finatic1

finatic1 New Member

There were roughly 110 of the 58's built in total. Of them, 15 or 16 open bridges are listed for sale on Yachtworld. That sounds like a fair number to me.
  3. Manny

Manny Senior Member

I personally believe most viking boats are enclosed because they look better enclosed in most cases. the 58 viking's a great boat, but it's not my type. as for the engines, I personally choose caterpillars or MTU's over MANS, but that's my opinion.
  4. nikki555

nikki555 New Member

I had a 1997 open FB for 5 years..Had the Man 1200 rebuilt at 2200 hours had no promblems after I put on aprox 450 hrs..It had a 1500 lb davit with 16 ft ding ran the same with the ding onboard