Click for Furuno Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights Click for JetForums Click for Abeking

55M "Lady D" Caught Fire In Thailand

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Yacht News, Aug 8, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

A 55-meter superyacht called "Lady D" caught fire in Phuket, Thailand in the early hours of August 7th. None of the crew onboard were injured and made it off the vessel. The vessel in question is a 1976 built ship which served in her previous life as an Offshore Supply Vessel. In 1989 she was converted to yacht status. This is what she looked like before the fire.

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

3. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The fire is now fully out. She was towed just off another island to finish burn out away from other vessels and infrastructure.
  4. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Is it just me, or are there more than the usual number of fires happening lately?
  5. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Senior Member

I asked myself that very same question.....
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I have been thinking the same too. I have a feeling it's due to a lot of the mega yachts aging and getting older. Perhaps a lack of training and maintenance. It's odd that the new yacht in the video has the same hull color as the megayacht on fire. Perhaps the same owner. The odd thing is the location of the fire, looks like it started in the upper deck and not the Engine Room or galley.