Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for Mag Bay

41 Regal Specific Questions?

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Alanglois, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Alanglois

Alanglois Member

Ok, I have a 1969 41 Aluminum Regal (no fly bridge) and during the restoration I came across a couple of things I just couldn't figure out. Here goes: First, the option list for the boat lists a dishwasher. Where was that placed in the boat or was it stowable? I have no idea on that one. Second, the option list also mentions a convertible helm seat/occasional chair, what did this look like and did CC actually ever send a boat out with one. Third, in the head under the floor below the toilet there is a shelf built for something but for what I don't know (clearly original construction). Fourth, the chargicator (which I still do not fully understand its relationship to the CAPAC system) has a wire that is fixed to the hull at one of the main stringers. What did this lead provide electrically?

Good luck and thanks in advance,

Al Langlois
  2. Alanglois

Alanglois Member

Nobody ..... Really? Hummm... I thought there was some real historians in here. OK I'll let you know when I find out.

Thanks anyway

Al
  3. 9lives

9lives Member

No historians??

Al, don't be discouraged,
    I have the same boat and I will look to see if we share some of these same details. All of your questions have me stumped as well!

I think a private message to Jim Wick is in order as well as a chat with Mr Bauer .
    I'll send you a message off line with the contact info as well as the other 41 members we chat with, perhaps they can help.
  4. Alanglois

Alanglois Member

Mark,

Just a little neighbourly proding on my part to jump start the discussion. Love to talk to those guys anyway though. Teak deck just being laid this week and it's lookin' great. Another 10 days before they're finished at which point I'll post pics. I really am very close to finished with this restoration and I just can't believe it, so I say CONGRATULATIONS! to anybody who has made it to the end - I really can appreciate what it takes!

Al