Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights

3607 sea water intake cleaning

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Don Trainer, Aug 17, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Don Trainer

Don Trainer New Member

Does any one have a quick way to clean or scrape the sea water intake. I believe mine is clogged with algae. Or has anyone figured out how to scrape the bottom from the dock?
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

UMMM no. You will have to dive underwater and physically scrape it. Is this the intake for engine? A/c? You could try shutting the seacock, removing the hose, backflushing it with a garden hose (which doesn't work too often, but sometimes does) and then putting the hose back on it.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Sea water intake for what ?? Generator, air con, engine? You “believe” it s clogged with algea. Algea doesn’t clog raw water intake but shells and sea weed does. Are you taking about the outside thru hull, the strainer, what!??
  4. Don Trainer

Don Trainer New Member

It is the engine water intake. The boat is in fresh water and algae/ seaweed grows like carpet if you don't take it out and scrape it. I was just hoping someone might have figured out a way to scrape it with an extention pole and a brush from topside.