Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay

27 KW Phasor Marine Generators

Discussion in 'Generators' started by Manny, Apr 20, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Manny

Manny Senior Member

Hello again :)

The 1991 65' Donzi I'm looking at has 27 KW phasor generators put into her, and I was wondering if anyone here has those generators. I would like to know if they are silent, reliable, and fuel efficient. I noticed in the pictures of the generators, they didn't have any sound shield.......but since I know nothing of phasor generators, I wouldn't know if they are quiet or not. I went into their website, and of course they say they are silent and things like that, but I want to hear someone who actually owns a phasor generator's opinion to know if they really are good, silent generators.

many thanks :D
  2. goplay

goplay Senior Member

If you are looking at buying that boat, when you see it in person, can't you just turn on the generators to hear how loud they are? :D
  3. Manny

Manny Senior Member

There's one slight problem in doing that, and that problem is that I live in Puerto Rico and the boat is in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm a very busy doctor and most of the weekends I'm on call, and plane tickets cost money, too.;)
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I run a 75' Hatteras MY that has a 20kw Onan and a 27kw Phazer. It has a sound shield on the Phazer that was made by an aftermarket manufacturer and the Onan has a standard sound shield. The Phazer is quiter then the Onan. It has a Kubota engine and runs good. I have not had any issues with the Phazor. Keep in mind you may want to stock up on kubota parts. But they are good generators. Better then a pre 2005 Onan, better then any Westerbeke. A step below Northern Lights IMO. They run clean and smoothly. Also the Phazer company is near Fort Lauderdale and they have everything in stock and are good guys to deal with.
  5. Manny

Manny Senior Member

thank you Capt J. Of course, Northern Lights is probably the best types of generators, but I'm going to have to deal with what I'll get with the donzi, because I'm not going to be in the mood to spend anymore money if and when I get the donzi:p

any notes on fuel consumption?

thanks again:)
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They're good generators and better then the Westerbeke's and Onan's installed then. The 27kw burns about 1 gph.
  7. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Where is the boat? I live in Ft. Lauderdale and could take a few minutes to have a listen for you.
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The boat was in the Bermuda Riviera area of Ft. Laud. But we are en-route to Chicago right now for the summer. We are in Norfolk.......