Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for Mulder

2014 Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show - FLIBS

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by discokachina, Oct 25, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

The 2014 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show

FLIBS is less than a week away yet we already have some great eye candy to check out! This will give you some idea of what larger boats are already at the starting line.

Capture.JPG

Abbracci which is Italian for Hugs is a 155 ft Christensen built in 1977.

1977, what you have got to be kidding, she looks brand new to me!

Must be that Mediterranean diet!!

a (2).JPG

Not far down the row is Victoria Del Mar a 2001 Moonen with a transatlantic range of 3,360 nautical miles at her cruising speed of 11 knots.

a (3).JPG

My Paradis is the first of three Benetti 108-foot Tradition Supremes which are the new entry level tri-decks in their Displacement line.

She is a great example of the trend towards lots of glass to let in the natural light and give the cruisers incredible views of the sea which after all is what it is all about.

a (4).JPG

Waiting her turn to get loaded into position is this namless Robin's Egg Blue hulled baby.

Maybe someone out there can id her for us?

a (1).JPG
  2. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Mochi Craft. Beautiful lines!
    As usual and in advance, thanks for the great photos discokachina
  3. discokachina

Things were hoppin on the trawler dock where I found something for everyone from small to not so small.

First we have a Marlow Mainship 32, actually her LOA is 36' 8.5".

b (1).JPG

For the classic look lovers we have a 1964 Stingray that was designed by Ray Hunt and built by Whorton’s Boat Yard of Jamestown, RI.

b (3).JPG

Looks can sometimes be deceiving as this mellow looking baby can easily hit 30 knots!

b (4).JPG

One of the first boats I saw coming down the ramp of the trawler was this pristine example of a Grand Banks, perhaps a 43 Heritage?

b (2).JPG

The most impressive boat on the dock was the 49' E4 by Neptune Marine that is famous for its ability to do a complete rollover and survive without any damage or leaks!

Don't try this at home, Dutch engineering at its best!

b (6).JPG

But do drop by during the show and Judy will give you a personal tour sans the rollover!
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  4. discokachina

The next dock I hit is where outboards rule!

What is not to like about this Venture 39 by American with her triple Mercs that easily tops 60 mph.

And with that cool tuna tower fish beware!!!

c (2).JPG

Growing up on the Lafayette River in Norfolk, VA the boat of choice was a 14' Boston Whaler with a 50 Merc that literally flew on the cavitation plate!

So I really got stoked when I found the Boston Whaler display being setup where I got to see how things have changed over the last 50 years.

c (5).JPG

Whalers are all grown up now sporting triple white Mercs that will get you to the Gulf Stream in a flash.

c (3).JPG

Add some length and a tuna tower and you have one bad arse fishing machine!

c (4).JPG

When I grew up you could have any color outboard engine you wanted as long as it was black so I was glad to see that if you talk real nice to the salesman you can still get black Mercs!!

c (1).JPG

And the numbers are staggering, last year they did about 80 units at FLIBS and this year they did around 100 at the Miami Show so don't be shy if you have ever considered a Whaler!

Boy have they come a long way baby!!
  5. discokachina

On the Intracoastal on their way to the show on having just taken their place in the line up I was able to snap some biggies!

First is My Seanna a 183' Delta built in 2001 that was just refitted this year and thus a real looker!

a (3).JPG

Allegria which means Happiness in Italian is a 162' Hakvoort built in 2004 and has an impressive 5,000 nautical range.

a (4).JPG

Maghreb V is a 144' Burger built in 2006 boasting 7 cabins with an accessory I would love to have, an elevator to all decks!

a (5).JPG

Here we have an IAG who shall remain nameless unless one of you can fill in her details.

a (1).JPG

Next we have a beautiful Ferretti Custom Line 100 motor yacht which has a side opening glass door on the main deck which extends the salon onto a purpose-built balcony with large openings enabling plenty of natural light to bathe the interior.

a (2).JPG
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  6. discokachina

I saw several Westport 130s on the Intracoastal, Redemption and one with no name perhaps a new one from inventory.

Redemption is a 2010 copy with all the bells and whistles including flat screens that pop down on all three outside decks. Her interior
    is a very pleasant calming slightly contemporary design that immediately welcomes you to relax and enjoy.

b (5).JPG

The second Westport 130 appears to me to be one of two at the show from inventory along with a 164.
    Note all the glass screening on the sky deck and forward of the wheelhouse to provide wonderful views
    with lots of protection from the wind.

b (1).JPG

Lyons Pride is a Westport 112 who splashed in 2013.

b (3).JPG

Emilina is a 167' 2008 steel hulled Codecasa whose 10' draft and 4000 mile range at 14 knots make her a serious, safe, and comfortable globe trotter.

b (4).JPG

We also have our first official spotting of a YF member at this years show watching an IAG go by!

b1.JPG
  7. discokachina

There is not shortage of sportfishermen at this year's show as you see here.

Sorry but I am not up on this segment of the market so if any of you know about these beauties please chime in.

I will say that tuna towers really turn me on!!! Momo, Momo, Momo!

c2.JPG

c (1).JPG

c (4).JPG

c (2).JPG

c (3).JPG
  8. discokachina

The next 3 shots remind me of those Russian Ladies, you know the kind where you open one up and then there is another a little smaller, you open her up and there is another a little smaller until, well you get the idea.

In this case however all the Russians happen to be Princesses!

First we have the V62S that will lift your skirt when you hit 37 knots!

d (5).JPG

The V52 is not slouch either clocking in at a heady 36 knots.

d (3).JPG

The V52 looks good coming or going!

d (4).JPG

Sea Delight is a Hatteras 78 that is attending the show as a charter offering.

d (1).JPG

Now this one has be a little befuddled as she has no markings that I can see although she does carry the markings of an Azimut.

The double set of vertical windows has me stumped.

What say ye all?

d2.JPG
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Looks 'Mutty to me...
  10. discokachina

Funny you should ask!

Yes there are kayakers, paddle boarders, and sailors too!

I can hardly wait to see the first guy speed up and start pulling his tubes.

d (6).JPG

A paddle border with a cowboy hat and ink, only at the Greatest Boat Show on Earth, FLIBS!!

d (8).JPG

Row, row, row you board, gently down the Intracoastal!

d (9).JPG

Sailors on the stern of Magic Dragon look like they might be related to Puff!

d (7).JPG

Sailors and their happy smiling crew on the lookout for kayaks!

d9.JPG
  11. discokachina

Check out Allegria as she performs an excellent stern to maneuver getting ready for the show all with only inches to spare.

12. discokachina

For all you Broward fans here is a sweet one indeed!

Revelry is an 87' Raised Pilot House built in 1996 that is absolutely pristine as she has been updated and maintained to the highest standard being custom, custom, custom!

e (1).JPG

Dorothy Ann is a 125' Trinity built in 2001 is certainly looking spiffy in her new paint job, has a maximum speed of 15 knots, and a range of 3500 miles.

e (2).JPG

Forever Yours is a 97' raised pilot house Hargrave composite yacht sporting a recent refit featuring neutral soft furnishings, warm cherry woods, granite tops, and plenty of natural light.

e (4).JPG

I am glad to see that not only is my waist line getting wider but so are today's sport boats.

In this case of course it is for the reason of having fold out sides increasing her deck space, party space, and sporting space.

e.JPG

I was glad to catch a glimpse of the Wider 32 which is designed to more closely integrate as a custom tender with the Wider 150 Yacht that is currently in build.

Sun pictured here is one of six colors that are available.

e (3).JPG
  13. discokachina

When it comes to curves not only do you find them on paddle boards you also find them on Azimuts like this 56' 55S made of VTR/GRP and carbon fiber!

They have some of the curviest glass in the business.

d (2).JPG

In the hood it all seems to be about grill work these days, well it seems to be the same on the docks as well.

What would you do if you saw this grill bearing down on you on in the channel at 35 knots like a 55S is likely to do?

d (3).JPG

If I was to hazard a semi-educated guess I would say this beautiful dark horse is a 115 Sunseeker Predator here all the way from Sag Harbor, NY for a little fun in the sun.

d (4).JPG

Maximus II is a 106' Horizon that was built in 2005 to accommodate 6 guests in 3 suites along with 4 crew to ensure a relaxed luxury yacht experience.

d (5).JPG

Here we have a stunning example of Viking's 82 enclosed bridge yacht that tops 30 knots when going after the big ones!

There is little doubt with this one that you both fish and cut bait.

d (1).JPG
  14. discokachina

I came across a real beauty today that really captured my eye!

a (4).JPG

She is a Blue Coast 95 Catamaran named Cartouche.

Bow on she is quite an imposing and powerful looking cat, perched, and ready to pounce!

a (3).JPG

Her sensuous lines continue along her sides from the mast, boom, fly bridge hardtop, curvaceous side windows, to the stern.

a (5).JPG

Her color and detailing like matching fenders are all quite beautiful.

a (1).JPG

Her stern is all business where you have easy access to enjoy the water of launch the dingy.

a (2).JPG

She has an owner's cabin on the main deck, 3 guest cabins with ensuite bathrooms and 1 crew cabin with separated bathroom and shower.

If her interior is as stunning as her exterior I am ready to move in!!

15. discokachina

In cat territory I came across these neat gadgets that will hold hulls from 5 to 55 feet!

b (2).JPG

They look a little like Transformers to me!

b (3).JPG

The next cat down the dock is this 60' Sunreef aptly named Grace.

b (4).JPG

She is easy to board using the passerelle or the steps built into the hull.

b (5).JPG

And speaking of cats does anyone recognize the rig of this famous yacht?

Hint: She is one of the 3 largest sloop rigged cats on the planet.

b (1).JPG

The the other two are the 102' Sunreef 102DD Ipharra and the Sunreef 114 Ché.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  16. discokachina

In this video see Yacht Maghreb V do her backing down Med style to take her place in line on the Face dock. At about 2:20 minute you start to see a tour South from there of the rest of the Face dock and a few yachts as they are waiting their turn to dock. What you see is about 1/2 of the dock that runs along the Intracoastal from Bahia Mar Marina to the Las Olas Marina so there is much more to come. This was taken on the Sunday before the Show.

17. discokachina

For the first picture posted on the first day of the Show and before all you Old Pharts go ballistic I figure I should introduce you all to Miss Vulcan Couplings!

When I told her she would be my life saver since I would be keel hauled if I came back from the Show without some beauty shots she was only too glad to oblilge!!

a (4).JPG

One the first day of the Show I am also happy to be able to post the 3rd largest yacht in the Show Unbridled by Trinity who follows Felecita West and Swan at 191'.

a (5).JPG

The coolest and most colorful yacht in the show is a 72' purpose built Triton 3300/3 submarine tender Thunderbird II by Brilliance boats with transatlantic range and a top speed of 22 knots.

The sub is sitting on a platform that lowers into the water about 6' so you can just drive the sub off/on the tender.

a (1).JPG

My personal show favorite is this Chapman Transition 28' Custom Bow Ramp Tender whose ramp is hydraulically operated and wide enough for wheel chairs to roll on and off the beach or dock unassisted!

This copy was rigged with dual outboards but can just as easily be configured with inboard options as well.

North of $200K she is a super high quality and obviously well built fully custom half tube tender.

a6.JPG

On the first day of the Show there was a YF Tee Shirt sighting this time at the SeaClean exhibit.

Special Feature: SeaClean Diesel Particulate Filter System

a (2).JPG
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  18. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I like what they did there... ;)

[​IMG]
  19. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Just getting home from a very busy boat show; the busiest opening day I've seen in years. The distractions were out in droves too!

Delta Powerboats had the premiere location at the show - face dock at show center, at the foot of the SYBAS displays. Word from Kalle is the D88 will come stateside next year. Unlike the first two boats, the third D88 will hit the show circuit so we will finally get to a chance to do a proper YF feature.

Lots of meetings today. More tomorrow. About an hour with Billy Smith; updates on Trinity. Their commercial business is booming. Same with Cheoy Lee who was showing new one-eleven render. An evolution of the Alpha line, but on steroids. The new CL's aren't your fathers Oldsmobile! Viking brought the new motor yacht. Good looking, but looks like a SF with a raised cockpit. Bertram noticeably absent. Moonen too. Oceanco is fast becoming new Dutch dynasty. Same could be said about ISA. Love to see these relatively new companies kicking old school butt. Abeking is building a larger shed to accommodate larger builds; look for 100m+. Horizon is absolutely rocking. This could have been Hatteras, but they were influenced by trend instead of staying the course. Lazarra is there, but under the Wider name. Not that anyone really cares anymore.

At the end of an 18 hour day. Gotta get some sleep. Round two tomorrow. BTW, great pics Disco!
  20. discokachina

Here are pics of the Delta 54 Carl spotted.

Check out YF's Delta Welcome thread for more details, pics, and information.

Welcome Delta Powerboats!

c321.JPG

In 2013 the 54 IPS received the Motor Boat of the Year Award in the category "Sports Cruiser over 45 ft" where it competed against the Azimut 55S, Fairline Targa 62GT, Sealine C48 and Mangusta 72 which says quite a lot about the capabilities of this wonderful pocket yacht.

c.JPG

The hydraulic swim platform that is almost the width of her 15' beam can lift and lower 900 pounds worth of tender.

c4.JPG

When fitted with triple Volvo Penta 600 IPS drives she can hit 38 knots and cruise easily at 32 knots.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014