Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning

2007 Miami Boat Show Pictures

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by catamaran, Jan 29, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. catamaran

catamaran New Member

Miami International Power Boat Show: February 15th - 19th, 2007

More than 2,300 of the world's leading marine industry manufacturers will display the newest powerboats, engines and accessories on more than 2.5 million square feet of exhibition space.
  2. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

We had better come up with a better plan to meet at this show. We know what happened at FLIBS. Carl, any thoughts? Is there a YF banner, flag, beach towel we can hang to show which corner of the bar the YF team is hanging out in? Special hat, hand signal, wave of the racoon tail. WE should try and have another YF gathering at Miami. Could be interesting.
  3. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

IT will be easy to find the YF members at the Miami Show. We'll be the ones without all gold rings on at least 3 fingers and the the obligitaory babe on our arms! ;)
  4. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

I'm not sure the Miami Show is the best venue for a YF get together. The show is separated into four locations, far apart, requiring transport in between. Trying to meet at a certain time might not be in the best interest of everyone's schedule.

I'll be along Collins Avenue on Thursday. The docks are nearly one mile long, so I'll be looking for any reason to sit down and re-hydrate.
  5. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

The list of boats on display is finally on the show management website. Here is a list of the big ones:

145' Benetti
    120' Broward
    157' Christiansen Barchetta
    157' Christiansen Marathon
    141' Christiansen Walkabout
    151' Feadship Sea Jewell
    137' Newcastle True North
    135' Palmer Johnson
    162' Swedeship Braveheart
    157' Trinity Mustang Sally
    150' Trinity Magic
    150' Christensen Mystic
    145' Christiansen Primadonna
    132' Westship Norwegian Queen
    140' Westship Martha Ann

http://www.showmanagement.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=ybs.boatsondisplay
  6. Some of us will be working the boat show, Loren, Judy, myself and other YF particapating brokers will all be there.
    If Carl says we can post what boats we will be on and our locations without "promoting our business" at least some folks can stop by and say hello.

Let us know, Carl.

Tucker Fallon
  7. YachtForum

Sure Tucker. Not a problem. :)
  8. I will be at the Yacht and Brokerage Show on the 2006 87' Northcoast, asking $6.1m, called FORTUNA 2, it will be located at space 330 on the west side of the show. It should be easy to find, go to the North Cocktail Barge, and after an adult beverage, walk out the dock to the west. At the end, turn left, to the south, and after three of four boats FORTUNA 2 will be on the right with The Shipyard Group signs on the trransom.
    Tucker Fallon
  9. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

I'll be peddling The Triton newspaper, checking in with crew, speaking to captains and getting many photos. I'll be at the show all day Friday, so I'll stop by and see our YF friends as I can. Any good parties I can crash Friday evening?
    Capt Tom
  10. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Woooo Hooo Tucker...nice ride!
    I, on the other hand, will be suffering on a 56 Lydia sportfisher near the nosebleed seats at the North end of the show, hopefully not too far from the booze barge and the carte blanche use of "Fortuna"'s heads that Tucker has promised all YF members!

(Kidding!)

"Candida" will be standing tall and I welcome all of our readers, especially longtime members, to stop by to press the flesh.

Gonna be chilly out there on the docks, kids! ( I have it on good word that Judy may appear in her mink!). :)
    Oh, and her normal attire as well(!)
  11. Loren Schweizer

CaptTom:

You can always count on a bunch going on at the Biscayne Bay Mariott ( if they still call it that). I think if you mention Carl's name, the dancing girls will drag you inside:D .
  12. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Loren,
    Is it that, or will the bouncers knock me halfway down Biscayne Blvd? (Carl who?:eek: )
  13. YachtForum

Hah! In the time it took me to go out for 2 slices of pizza and down an equal number of beers, I come back to work and find you guys talkin' smack! If you wanna use my name, use it at your own risk. The best you'll get from most girls is a dirty look. Bouncers on the other hand... fear me! :D
  14. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Next time invite us to go with you, this way we won't talk smack. LoL
    I'll have mine with some of those hairy fishies, ah anchovies!
  15. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I hope you guys have a great time. I, on the other hand, avoid Miami like the plague. I once needed a spare part which was located in Miami. I chose to drive to Tampa from West Palm rather than braving South Beach!
    See you guys at the Palm Beach Boat Show next month. I'll be easy to find- just look for the out-of-place megayacht aground at the end of the docks.:eek:
  16. Loren Schweizer

As my half-heimer's allows, I believe I have been doing this Miami Show for over twentyfive years now.
    I don't recall seeing fewer people on opening day, at least over on Collins Ave.

Some of my Buyers Who Are Not Liars, who were wandering around south of my venue, were in agreement.

Hmmmm. :(
  17. YachtForum

Loren,

Airports are snowed in all over the NorthEast. Large numbers of flights were delayed yesterday. As for South Florida attendees... Broward and Palm Beach were cold & wet all day. I'm guessing most thought Dade was under the weather too. Tomorrow's a new day and clear, brisk weather is on it's way. :)

See you on Collins.

Carl
  18. Brian

Brian Senior Member

For those not attending, will anyone be posting photos of the boats, booths, & people at the show?
  19. CaptainSilva

CaptainSilva Senior Member

Yes please, while I am freezing up here in 20degree temperatures, I could at least live vicariously through those fortunate enough to be in the Sunshine state :D
  20. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

I am currently resizing images so once I am done I will start posting them.