Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for Furuno

2000 Ocean '43 outriggers

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Tom Gleinser, Apr 27, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Tom Gleinser

Tom Gleinser New Member

Greetings, I've lost a couple of spreaders for my boat's outriggers. I'm assuming the outriggers were original equipment. Does anyone know the brand of outrigger Ocean used and/or where I might purchase the spreaders. I've spent much time searching the internet for any brand of spreader and they are just not for sale anywhere. Thank you.
  2. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Rupp and Lee are both common. If you can't see any logos anywhere, maybe take some pics, discuss with the Lee or Rupp service people, see if they can identify the products as theirs. If you can get far enough to identify brand and model, they can likely help with parts.

-Chris
  3. Ricky G

Ricky G New Member

If they are Rupp, there should be a plate around the base of the tube with a serial number. Call or email Lori at Rupp and they should have a record of them and be able to take the guess work out of replacement parts.
  4. Prospective

Prospective Senior Member

I have the same model, same year. Mine are Rupp.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The spreaders (shape and look) should tell you who the manufacturer was by looking at them. Lee’s and Rupp’s spreaders have distinctive design characteristics. All Rupp’s have a serial number plate riveted about a foot up from the base.
  6. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Call the parts department guy/manager at the Canyon Club in Cape May NJ, he was the purchasing agent for Ocean for many years, I'm sure he could tell you. I forget his name, sorry.
  7. Rick Prince

Rick Prince New Member

Mine are Rupp also. I ordered replacement parts for mine. Check yours for Serial number plate. Give that to Rupp and they can help you. For questions regarding this order please contact Rupp Marine.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2019
  8. Rick Prince

Rick Prince New Member

upload_2019-5-1_22-0-0.png