Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking

1st Engineer Role -Advice Please

Discussion in 'Licensing & Education' started by Globetrotter76, Nov 21, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Globetrotter76

Globetrotter76 New Member

Hi Everyone,

Possibly getting my first Engineering Job on a 75ft Yacht. This is a private vessel with family doing circumnaviagation.

I have my MCA AEC and wish to progress through to MEOL Etc.....

Do you think that the sea time on this vessel will be counting so that I can progress through the MCA Qualifications. I am getting a list of all machinary onboard and will post here. Generators, Diesel Engine Etc??

Also any advice on how I should set up a maintenance schedule and watch keeping set up on the engineering side. I want to be professional abou this as I wanna progrees according to MCA standards.

Any point from you out there would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jerome
  2. cyd

cyd New Member

Engineering seatime

All service and seatime counted by the MCA must be on vessels of 15m or above, servicetime is the time employed, i.e. 12 months, seatime is counted for each day (or part day) that the vessel is either underway, or at anchor (using all on board equipment i.e. gens rather ability to be plugged into land power lines.
    Full information on both service and seatime and required modules for all yacht engineering levels are listed on MGN (Marine guidance notice) 156 on the MCA website, this is found by following the links on regulations,
    I hope this helps,

Cyd mansell