Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

1997 Ocean Yachts 48

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Rich M, May 10, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Rich M

Rich M New Member

I am looking at an Ocean Yachts 48' and wanted to know if anyone had any comments / feedback on the boat and / or items to watch out for when inspecting the vessel.
  2. Capt Fred

Capt Fred Senior Member

I'm a fan of Ocean Yachts, the 1997 is a real nice looking boat. I would inspect carefully for water leaks around the salon windows and behind all the cabinets. Also inspect the hatch for seam leaks but easy to repair. Additionally look for soft areas on the deck. None of this takes the place of a good marine surveyor. Good Luck.
  3. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Check the fuel tanks. Check all tanks. Make sure they are full to the tippy top for leaks. Use your nose ! Get a few good sniffs while looking around the boat for fuel, poo, and goo...etc.
    Mine is a 1981 42' sunliner.
  4. Rich M

Rich M New Member

Thanks, this was very helpful. There was some peeling varnish at the bottom of the windows when we pulled back the curtains. I would have missed it otherwise.
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

So, What did you and your surveyor think? Give us an idea of what you found?
  6. RudyT

RudyT New Member

I just bought a ‘97 48’ myself. I LOVE it and pick it up this week after new cutlass bearings and struts put on and a bunch of updates! Did you end up getting the 48’ Rich M.?