Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Walker

1985 Carver 3607 Exhaust Hose Replacement

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Capt David, Apr 24, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt David

Capt David New Member

I need to replace the exhaust hose that runs under the aft cabin floor. The hose runs under the cabinets on the starboard side of the vessel. I will have to replace the Port side in the future. I have done a lot of repairs over the 10 years I've owned the Carver. It seems like Carver on the 3607 made access to get to systems for repair or replacements. Has anybody replaced the exhaust hoses in the past? It looks like I can take the cabinets apart as they are screwed together. Unless they are glued and then screwed together. Thank you
  2. DoubleTrouble

DoubleTrouble New Member

I have no expierence with that model as I have a Mariner 3297....that said...all my cabinets are screwed together with aluminum brackets. The only thing glued is trim pieces. Hope that helps.
  3. Capt David

Capt David New Member

Thanks for the information, I'm going up to the lake this weekend to look the project over
  4. Capt David

Capt David New Member

I was able to remove the cabinetry by removing a Lot of screws and brackets. Taking the L section apart, the whole piece came out. Then fit through the door way going into the salon. Under the liner the cabinets was sitting on. There is a plywood access cover to the bilge and the hose. The port side I was told to remove the seat in the bath tub. There is access to the hose where it attaches to the bulkhead.
  5. Capt David

Capt David New Member

I'm going to add more of how the portside exhaust hose replacement is going. Under the cabinets there is 3/4 inch plywood covering the raised part on the cabin sole(floor). The plywood cover is screwed on the inside. On the outside it is glassed to the hull. I'm going to have to very carefully cut the fiberglass matting that attaches the panel to the hull. Then after the hose is replaced. Glass back in the cover over the exhaust hose. The vent hose for the aft head holding tank is now exposed. Then the hoses from the engine to the hot water heater heat exchanger. I will replace all 3 hoses while they are exposed.
  6. Ian Hayhurst

Ian Hayhurst New Member

Thanks for posting this--I'm about to dive into this job tomorrow. Were there any other lessons learned that you did not post? The port side sounds like it's beyond my skills--I have not attempted fiberglass. At least I can handle the cabinet disassembly.

Thanks
    Ian
  7. KM1125

KM1125 New Member

I know this is an older post... but in case anyone later comes in here looking for info... Are you sure that's the aft head vent hose?? On mine, the aft head holding tank was beneath the aft berth and the vent hose was under there as well and went directly to the transom where the vent was located.

Going down the starboard side of that "tunnel" where the exhaust was you'd have three hoses. The two (likely black ones) were the heat exhanger hoses from the engine to the water heater. There was also a potable hose that connected the shore water connection on the starboard side to the potable water distribution under the aft berth. Mine connected to a pressure regulator back there but I don't know if that was OEM.