Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn

1983 Carver Aft Cabin 3607

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Moyockman, Apr 22, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Moyockman

Moyockman New Member

Well seems I have a problem Starboard water tank cracked where the fitting is.

I may have temporarily fixed the tank by harbor freight plastic welding kit and a liberal application of a sealant. but my question is where do I find a direct replacement for the water tank.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Given that's a very popular boat I'd start my search with Carver directly (Carveryachts.com or Phone: +1-920-822-3214 Toll Free: 1-800-231-8978), but failing that just Google marine water tanks. Lots to choose from. With that said that repair may hold a good long time, but old water tanks are likely to give you water that's less than desirable.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Usually the problem is not finding a tank but how to get the old one out and the new one in. Carver must have used some off the shelf poly tank. Measure it and find a match. If you can pull it in one piece. Where is it located ?
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You know, Carver kept this design for many years. I just looked on the internet and there's some asking low enough money that they might be willing to part them out. If you need a few items (like props, rudders, gauges, rail, etc.), you might even check to see. There one in Mississippi and another in New Hampshire that caught my eye for that.
  5. Moyockman

Moyockman New Member

Well several weeks with full tanks no leaks.

Harbor freight astic weld and flex seal backup worked. See how the tanks hold up .

Onward to portlight repairs. But that is a story for another post.
  6. Moyockman

Moyockman New Member

Thanks for your help