Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service

1966 42' Chris Craft Yacht Wood Boat $2000 OBO

Discussion in 'Yachts Up To 49'' started by CaseyBenn77, Nov 3, 2021.

1. CaseyBenn77

CaseyBenn77 New Member

For Sale - 1966 42' Chris Craft Yacht Wood Boat - Constellation Class

This boat was my uncle's boat from the early 90s until 2016. I took it over and used it as a live aboard from 2016-2020.

In 2018 I had to have the Keel fixed as it had been neglected and was rotting. It was lifted out in King Harbor and had the Keel replaced as well as the bottom drain ports replaced and resealed. It was a $14.4 K investment.

I am looking to leave Los Angeles and move to a house soon. Had potential buyer but backed out cause they couldn't tow it to Santa Cruz.

Thought I would see if there are any classic Chris Craft enthusiasts here who would want to take on a project boat like this.

The engines do not run. They are Chevy 350s. My mechanic says the port engine will be able to run again with fairly little work. Closer to 2k for parts and labor. The Starboard engine is locked up and likely needs replaced and he quoted me in the $5k-7k range for engine and labor to replace.

This is why the price for the boat is very low. Since it is a wooden boat getting a slip in the Marina Del Rey requires engines to be able to start to pass survey.

Posting here to see if I find more boat familiar people who understand the potential of this boat.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021