Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Abeking

1966 38' Commander SF

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer: Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Captaindon, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Captaindon

Captaindon New Member

We have a nearly complete 1966 38' Commander for sale. The owner needs a quick sale due to health reasons. We are accepting all reasonable offers on this unique boat. Complete awlgrip paint, 120 hrs on MCM 454 cid, a/c work, newer Onan genset. Needs bottom paint otherwise turnkey boat. Boat is located in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. Call Captain Don At 954-583-3909 Or write to Captaindon@Govanmarine.com

Attached Files:

2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

All publicity is good...

..., publicity.
    No?
    Well, until a true Commandero [http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/]
    shows up (and I know he/she will) - i'm keeping this thread "alive". :p
    {Paul, are u listening?}
    Don't worry,hep is on the way!
    Cheers,
    Eric
  3. dogsharks

dogsharks Guest

Thanks for the link reference Eric.
    Here's one that works! http://www.chriscraftcommander.com

Hope the boat finds an appreciative owner. Interesting it is noted as a SF but has the aft rail and what looks like a custom enclosure at the helm. I am wondering if it is a true SF with the lowered aft deck, or if it is a Sedan like it looks like. Send the serial number if you can get it, or if the owner sees this, we'll look it up and post some comparables

Regards,

Paul
    Commanderland
  4. dogsharks

dogsharks Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those trivia battles on the dock or at the bar, here's the steering wheel Chris Craft used on their 38' Sport Fismerman models. Only 70 true SF models were ever built, 25 in 1965, and 15 more during each year for three years thereafter. The boat for sale looks like a 38 Sedan, which is one FINE boat in it's own right.

I think a lot of people may use the "Sport Fisherman" terminology as a generic statement, but for the original 38' Commander, it was a specific model in the Chris Craft lineup. Trivia for the day !:)

Regards,

Paul